Indexed Pages and On-site Search

I am currently working on a website built off of the Mojave template that utilizes the built in on-site search bar as well as several indexed pages. I would like for the search results to populate with the Index title, and not the titles of each page within the index. For example, one index is titled 'Missions' and it has the indexed pages of 'Missions-action', 'Missions-info', 'Missions-upcoming', etc. I would like the site search to only show 'Missions' and not the other page titles. 

Is this possible? Thanks for any help!

• 1 month later...

I have the same exact question @Jboggs. I found this on the Adding Search To Your Site support page. 

• Pages with noindex tags and pages in your Not Linked section are indexed for site search. To prevent this, use a page password.
  • Unpublished content, like blog post drafts, may appear in search results when you're logged in. It won't appear to visitors.

For some reasons my indexed subpages do not have the password field. Only the main index container does. So I can't remove them from the internal search feature. Maybe we should submit this to Squarespace support. This is a huge bummer. 

Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 12.21.00 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-05 at 12.20.28 AM.png

Edited by Jessiebg
  • 2 weeks later...

I have this issue as well. Reached out to their "support" and they were less than helpful, and basically parroted back what I originally sent:

"Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out. I'd be happy to shed some light on this.

Right now, I'm afraid there's no built-in way to link search results to an anchor link on your site. Search results will link directly to the section within the Index Page instead.

However, as you mentioned, it's possible that you might be able to implement this functionality using custom code. 

Although you're welcome to use custom code to modify your site, please note that we're unable to offer assistance or troubleshooting for such modifications or additions, due to their complex nature. We highly recommend that you have coding knowledge before using these solutions. Custom code modifications may cause unwanted results when interacting with our platform, templates, or updates we release.

If this is still an option you'd like to explore, I’m happy to share some resources for using custom code within our platform. This guide lists every place you can add code on your site and goes further into restrictions by plan:

Adding custom HTML, CSS, and JavaScript

I also suggest reviewing this guide which answers some common questions on code and how it relates to Squarespace:

Custom code FAQ 

Our Squarespace forum is another great resource:

http://forum.squarespace.com 

The Squarespace forum is an online community of Squarespace users who help each other with more complex, code-related solutions. If you can't find an existing post that answers your question exactly, I'd recommend creating an account and posting your question.

Hope this clears things up! If you have any other questions, feel free to reach back out. We're always here to help."

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Yes likewise.. anyone solved this?

if you set the pages up as indexes .The search results are just filled with links to internal sections that misformat when you view directly as opposed to within the index. 

It's a totally substandard offering.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...