Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Does Version 7.1 means end to all third party development?

edirfan

Question

Hi,

So, I was looking in to jumping on to Squarespace development (freelance basis) but I've read about version 7.1 that it would end template support and so basically no third party templates could be uploaded too. So is Squarespace completely cutting of the developers so we have some hope yet? I'm quite confused about it. 

5 answers to this question

8 hours ago, Naren said:

So for 7.1 I can't find developer mode in advanced settings. However, they have included a new extensions tab in settings which allows for using third party extensions, not sure if that covers templates though.

Developer mode has been removed in 7.1. Can you provide any screenshot of that tab if possible? I don't have 7.1 and haven't seen that tab in any video review either.

Cheers 

The Extensions option is available on both 7.0 and 7.1.

sf-digital-signature-logo-email145.png.46606a2288a2847f44d81b9b7b58f3a5.png
Hi! I'm Paul, an independent Squarespace Consultant since 2007 and founder of SF Digital, building the features that Squarespace didn't include. Our mini-extensions allow you to pick dates in any format, show prices in other currencies, take orders without payment or improve your cartI value honesty, integrity, transparency and respect . Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.