image swap on hover in placed product on homepage

I have placed alternate images within my product descriptions, and on the product/shop page itself, this works great, having the images swap on hover. However, I'd also like to place selected products on the homepage directly (using a product block) and I would like the same effect of the image switching upon hover. Is there a way to do this with css? There would be 3-5 images on the same page (index page) that I'd like to do this with. I can't give you the url at this point, as we've not yet gone live. Help?

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/6/2019 at 12:21 AM, rocklilybeast said:

alright, the password is pillow! and the site is here https://jennifer-baeseman-jj7l.squarespace.com

it's on the homepage - where I've got 3 products placed - we'd like them to change to an alternate image when you hover over, like it does on the 'shop' pages. Thanks for any help!

I see this product rollover plugin to solve problem.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

2 hours ago, tuanphan said:

I see this plugin, you can learn more.. https://www.sqspthemes.com/plugins/product-image-rollover

Hi Tuan,

I'm looking at this plugin and it appears to have to do with color swatches on the product page. What I'm looking for is an image switch on hover within the product block that is placed on another page.

That being said, I love the idea of plugins - very cool. But I don't think this quite does what I want. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/5/2019 at 9:51 PM, rocklilybeast said:

Hi Tuan,

I'm looking at this plugin and it appears to have to do with color swatches on the product page. What I'm looking for is an image switch on hover within the product block that is placed on another page.

That being said, I love the idea of plugins - very cool. But I don't think this quite does what I want. 

@rocklilybeast this plugin does do what you want it to do; I just used it to create a rollover effect on a product summary block on a different page and it worked great 🙂 

Archived