Linking products

Hi, I'm working on a site for a client that sells three subscription products. For the cheapest product, there is a one-time set up fee. Is there a way to have the set up fee product automatically added to the cart if they select this variant or product (can set it up either way to be separate pages or variants). I don't want the set up fee to be a separate step in the process and it doesn't look like I have the ability to make month 1 subscription fee different than any following months.

Appreciate any help that you can offer!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, my client needs the ability to add a one-time set up fee to a subscription. I've created a subscription and a product for the set up fee. Selecting the subscription bypasses to checkout, which leaves any other items in the cart. Is there a workaround to checkout both at the same time? Looks like Stripe itself has this ability, but might require some development work which I'd like to avoid if possible. 

If not, do you have a suggestion of an external service that works with Squarespace that would fulfill this requirement? 

• 1 year later...
On 11/11/2019 at 10:01 PM, hirebeccahb said:

Is there a way to have the set up fee product automatically added to the cart. I don't want the set up fee to be a separate step in the process

Subscription products must be purchased separately. They cannot be purchased at the same time as other products, such as a 'setup fee' product. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived