Shopify or....

Hi, 

I am pitching to a client who will sell apr. 10 SKU's and they are pushing Shopify over any other platform. 

I do like the marketing tools offered in the Shopify App Store, online marketing campaigns and integration with e.g. Google and Facebook to get more eyeballs on the product, better (?) shipping integration... etc...

But they will only have 10 SKUs... not 1,000 so I am torn.

Any advise?

Have a great day! 

Roland

I run FuseHub Creative Group, a syndicate of creatives from all over the world with one common goal - to develop creative and strategic solutions for ambitious organizations, and develop cool plugins which you can find on the SQS Mods platform - Circle Members always get a 10% discount with this code: SQSMOD10.

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a great question @rvdhout. Personally I think Shopify is a great option, even for small stores, but only if the client needs a feature that isn't available on Squarespace Commerce. There are still a number of limitations to Squarespace Commerce. Some areas are improving 🙏 but other features are yet to arrive.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Thanks for your thoughts and that link Paul. 

i see some nice templates on the Shopify platform and knowing e-commerce is more important than a super-fancy site, I might use Shopify... but just this time.

or... could I still create a fancy Squarespace site and link to Shopify for the actual sales? 🤔

I run FuseHub Creative Group, a syndicate of creatives from all over the world with one common goal - to develop creative and strategic solutions for ambitious organizations, and develop cool plugins which you can find on the SQS Mods platform - Circle Members always get a 10% discount with this code: SQSMOD10.

2 hours ago, rvdhout said:

could I still create a fancy Squarespace site and link to Shopify for the actual sales?

Sure. For a small store, that's actually a great idea because you can get the best of both platforms in this way. I wrote a quick guide that explains how to add Shopify Buy Buttons to Squarespace so that you can use Shopify's commerce features on a Squarespace website: How to add Afterpay, iDEAL, Klarna or Zip Pay to Squarespace

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

No @orsiszentes. You can't mix and match.

You can design your site entirely on Squarespace using the design features and the built-in commerce features - including Squarespace Products, Subscriptions, the cart and the checkout, with Stripe and/or PayPal. Alternatively, you can use Squarespace's design features with the Shopify commerce features. This means replacing Squarespace commerce features with the Shopify equivalents, to gain the additional features that Shopify offers, like iDeal.

On 12/4/2019 at 12:07 PM, paul2009 said:

No @orsiszentes. You can't mix and match.

You can design your site entirely on Squarespace using the design features and the built-in commerce features - including Squarespace Products, Subscriptions, the cart and the checkout, with Stripe and/or PayPal. Alternatively, you can use Squarespace's design features with the Shopify commerce features. This means replacing Squarespace commerce features with the Shopify equivalents, to gain the additional features that Shopify offers, like iDeal.

I'm doing that right now and it's a drag. If SS is not going to implement IDEAL soon I'm switching to Shopify.

Guest Highlandspring

I have always liked Prestashop, not sure what others think of that, but I do appreciate that Shopify seems to have a much larger and growing user base.

Archived