Products can't be accessed when put into a folder

I'm setting up a digital products store on my website. In the spirit of keeping my "not linked" section organized I put the two pages of my store in a folder.

So because digital product variants are not possible on squarespace, I've devised a work around for this. I created a products page were all the digital products will be listed in all variants. Then created a Blog page where each "post" will be the product and hyperlinked texts as the different variants. Now the links work only when the products page is outside of the folder and don't when the product page is in the folder. 

Am I missing a step? the urls are structured as follows:  /foldername/productpage/product-variant 

They work when I take the product page out of the folder, /productpage/product-variant

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 1
  • Views 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/2/2019 at 1:52 AM, henrimartel said:

I'm setting up a digital products store on my website. In the spirit of keeping my "not linked" section organized I put the two pages of my store in a folder.

So because digital product variants are not possible on squarespace, I've devised a work around for this. I created a products page were all the digital products will be listed in all variants. Then created a Blog page where each "post" will be the product and hyperlinked texts as the different variants. Now the links work only when the products page is outside of the folder and don't when the product page is in the folder. 

Am I missing a step? the urls are structured as follows:  /foldername/productpage/product-variant 

They work when I take the product page out of the folder, /productpage/product-variant

Sorry, I dont have an answer for you but if you would spare me a moment. I am trying to set up a "hub" so to speak. the buyer will subscribe to a service but i want them to log back into the site and use the service. Do they simply not allow his or is there a work around you have found? Thanks in advance.

Archived