Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
Shelly

Add button to Gallery Image

Question

I want to add a button below text to a gallery image (like the attached screenshot). The website I'm working on is https://www.thejupegroup.com (password is: RJupe10). I want to add a button to subscribe under the text in the "Connect with Us" block.

Right now I have that block and the image to the left of it set up as side-by-side gallery images. I'm using the Blend template in the Brine family. 

Any CSS tips would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!!

Screen Shot 2019-12-01 at 11.45.01 AM.png

15 answers to this question

9 minutes ago, studiolinear said:

Just added! 

section#ingredients-gallery .Index-gallery-wrapper .Index-gallery-item p:last-child {
    background: #fff;
    color: #000;
    display: block;
    max-width: 200px;
    text-align: center;
    padding-top: 10px;
    padding-bottom: 10px;
    padding-left: 20px;
    padding-right: 20px;
    border-radius: 10px;
}

@Shelly Can you insert a text link under "Our monthly e-Newsletter is an excellent way to stay connnected and to hear more about our industry insights."?

If yes, please create one, then let me know, i will use CSS to convert it to button.

@tuanphanthanks for getting back to me so quickly. Ideally I'd like the button to link to a pop-up menu to subscribe. Is that possible, and if so should I start by creating that text link?

9 minutes ago, Shelly said:

@tuanphanthanks for getting back to me so quickly. Ideally I'd like the button to link to a pop-up menu to subscribe. Is that possible, and if so should I start by creating that text link?

To create a button, you need to insert a link, under text, then use code to change it to button

To create popup, you need to use some javascript/jquery. It will complicated. 

OK thank you. I think I will opt to just link the button to another page on the site to avoid the javascript. 

I've created the text link and it's live on the page now. Thanks again!

2 hours ago, Shelly said:

OK thank you. I think I will opt to just link the button to another page on the site to avoid the javascript. 

I've created the text link and it's live on the page now. Thanks again!

add to Home > Design > Custom CSS

section#newsletter .Index-gallery-item-content-body a {
    background: #f1f2;
    padding: 10px 20px;
    border-radius: 5px;
}

Hi guys! We are looking to do something similar to this on our site: https://trombone-paddlefish-tj7b.squarespace.com/ Pw: cinderwood

We are simply trying to add a button to the gallery slider here in Bring. We did try the code above and changed the section from newsletter to the ID for that section with no luck 😞 I attached a mockup of what we are looking to achieve! 

Screen Shot 2019-12-02 at 10.09.10 AM.jpg

@studiolinear Use this code

section#ingredients-gallery .Index-gallery-wrapper .Index-gallery-item p:last-child {
    background: red;
}

and tweak some things: border-radius, color,...

Just now, tuanphan said:

section#ingredients-gallery .Index-gallery-wrapper .Index-gallery-item p:last-child { background: red;

Thank you so much, this is great! Do you know how we would make the button white with black text and add some padding to the button? 

Just now, studiolinear said:

Thank you so much, this is great! Do you know how we would make the button white with black text and add some padding to the button? 

I think you should insert link first.... i can check & give exactly code.

1 minute ago, tuanphan said:

section#ingredients-gallery .Index-gallery-wrapper .Index-gallery-item p:last-child { background: #fff; color: #000; display: block; max-width: 200px; text-align: center; padding-top: 10px; padding-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 20px; padding-right: 20px; border-radius: 10px; }

Nailed it! Thank you SO much!!

15 hours ago, tuanphan said:

add to Home > Design > Custom CSS

}

This didn't work for me. Right now I have that text linking to the RESOURCES page. I tried changing "#newsletter to #resources but no luck either. Any other ideas? Thanks in advance!

@Shelly Where did you insert? It worked here

}

image.thumb.png.985718507ff8476eab2dad3f886d6594.png