Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
nicoledemorton

Adding tags and categories to blog posts in 7.1

I am a total novice using squarespace, so please forgive what could be a really stupid question.

I've created my first post and pulished it, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to add categories or tags. Nothing in the 'how-to' videos match what I see. I'm assuming this is because the videos relate to version 7.0 and I'm using 7.1. Am using the 'Paloma' Template.

When I click on the + symbol to add a new post ,I dont have a box that has the tags and categories items at the bottom. It adds a draft post to the list (screen shot 1) and then opens as an editable page (screen shot 2). 

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, or how to get around this.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Screen Shot 1.png

Screen Shot2.png

Thanks Tuan. Unfortunately, when I click on edit post, I dont get a box that looks like this?

I get an editable page that I can type straight into (like on the second screenshot)

1 hour ago, nicoledemorton said:

Thanks Tuan. Unfortunately, when I click on edit post, I dont get a box that looks like this?

I get an editable page that I can type straight into (like on the second screenshot)

Try contacting SS Custom Care, they can login to your site and check.

I had this exact same issue today and support wasn't sure either. However, I managed to figure it out!

You need to select blog post title above the header. Not very intuitive. See below:

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

Edited by wrexe
Change GIF