Adding tags and categories to blog posts in 7.1

I am a total novice using squarespace, so please forgive what could be a really stupid question.

I've created my first post and pulished it, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to add categories or tags. Nothing in the 'how-to' videos match what I see. I'm assuming this is because the videos relate to version 7.0 and I'm using 7.1. Am using the 'Paloma' Template.

When I click on the + symbol to add a new post ,I dont have a box that has the tags and categories items at the bottom. It adds a draft post to the list (screen shot 1) and then opens as an editable page (screen shot 2). 

I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, or how to get around this.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Screen Shot 1.png

Screen Shot2.png

• Replies 13
  • Views 4.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, nicoledemorton said:

Thanks Tuan. Unfortunately, when I click on edit post, I dont get a box that looks like this?

I get an editable page that I can type straight into (like on the second screenshot)

Try contacting SS Custom Care, they can login to your site and check.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just spent 3 hours trying to figure this out...I really like Squarespace because even though I've made a site on wordpress before, I found Squarespace to be a little easier to build on....but some of the most simple things are turning out to be super hard to figure out. It's not as easy to use as it could be.

• 4 weeks later...

First, the 7.0 vs 7.1 endless confusion. 

Now, you have to be in edit post, then somehow click on  The tiny post title at the top to access Edit Post? How would one divine how to do that? 

Perhaps the worst UI design I've seen. Just atrocious. 

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, it is not super-intuitive. I found that hitting the cog-wheel in the upper right corner brought up the "old" blog-post editor. I try to use excerpt-pictures and you simply can´t do that with the new on-screen editor.

I even made a blog, squareseven.one, just to force my self to learn 7.1

• 4 weeks later...

Archived