Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
natalienet

Linking a blog post title PLUS THUMBNAIL to another page

I have followed the instructions here: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/206543297-Linking-a-blog-post-title-to-another-page

to link one blog post title to another page. 

However, this feature DOES NOT link the blog post thumbnail to the new URL in the summary.

How can I include the thumbnail in redirecting to the new link, whether through this method, URL mapping, or another way?

The blog post URL I want to redirect is: https://www.earthspeak.love/collective-courses-resources/heart-fire-activation-ritual

Thank you.

Edited by natalienet

I run a podcast as a part of a blog I host on Squarespace. As a result, I regularly link to external URLs on my Squarespace blog. However, it seems I can only link the post title to the source URL and not the thumbnail.

I'd like to be able to link the post's thumbnail to the external URL as well. Currently, when people click the title, they end up at the correct content, but when they click the thumbnail, they're sent to an empty blog post.

Does anyone have any solutions for this problem? Someone else seems to have brought up something similar in November: 

The workaround for this is to create a page with a Summary Block of your blog posts, instead of using the blog landing page. Summary Block thumbnails will link to the source URL you designate to the title as well.

The workaround for this is to create a page with a Summary Block of your blog posts, instead of using the blog landing page. Summary Block thumbnails will link to the source URL you designate to the title as well.

what if I need it to link to a specific blog post and not the entire blog page?

You filter the summary using categories. Can be one post with or multiple posts,  I have a blog summary page  that says this weeks featured story in the header, only one post shows up. I add the cat to the new story, delete the cat from the last one and bingo, one post that links text, a read more button, and a thumbnail to the new post. You can see it in action here. https://myrandomviews.com/storysummary

Is there a way to use the summary block work around, but have the link open in a new tab or window instead of navigating away from your page?

On 8/1/2020 at 3:39 AM, amykurt said:

Is there a way to use the summary block work around, but have the link open in a new tab or window instead of navigating away from your page?

Yes. You can if using Business Plan. Can you share link to page where you use summary block? We can check easier.

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer.

How to Setup Password & Share URL  Armadillo - Free portfolio template