Variant weight in grams

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

• Solution

If you are seeing pounds and ounces instead of Kilograms, please check the Measurement Standard in Settings > Language & Region. Weights that are smaller than a Kilogram should be entered as a fraction of a Kilogram. For example, a 10g item should be entered as 0.01Kg.

For more information see Language and Region Settings.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 year later...

I hit the same issue and got no help from Squarespace as they seem to have a lack of understanding how much customisation a customer may require when they are designing their website. Kilograms are great if you are selling car tyres or garden furniture but if you sell craft, jewellery or any small item for that matter grams are the required measurement. All my goods are sold in grams and it looks so unprofessional that I have to display a product weight 20g as 0.02Kg. Even when I ship with Royal Mail, I enter grams as the parcel weight as I never ship anything over 2kg!

Squarespace reminds me of what software development was like in the 1990's where a developer would design what they thought was wanted and not what the end user actually required. 

• 3 months later...

My region settings are correct for Australia however when I enter weights against products in my shop it only allows me to enter by kilograms not by grams which is more accommodating and practical. Is there any way I can enter by grams? Many of my items such as earrings weigh so little however it all adds up for my shipping settings especially when customers often purchase multiples or more.

• 1 year later...
On 4/25/2021 at 1:19 AM, mhardy said:

when I enter weights against products in my shop it only allows me to enter by kilograms not by grams which is more accommodating and practical. Is there any way I can enter by grams?

No. When using metric measurements for calculated shipping costs, weights must be entered in Kilograms, not grams. Note also that these weights should be for the product including the packaging. 

If you wish to display net product weights for your customers to see, you can manually add these in any format by adding them to the product description.

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.