trying to change blog list style

Hi all, 

I'm trying to change my Blog List Style. Ideally, I could find a layout that's a list of expanding and collapsing posts, so that my visitors can see multiple post titles at once. That doesn't seem possible, so for now I'm just trying to change the List Style to Grid, which would accomplish a similar end. But I'm having difficulty. 

Currently, my blog list style is Stacked,  and I can't seem to find a way to switch it to Grid. So far what I've found is that I should go to Design-->Site Styles, and then change "Blog:List" to Grid. But when I navigate to Site Styles, Blog:List doesn't show up for me. The only categories that show up are "Colors" and "Blog Styles." 

Perhaps it has to do with my template? According to my research, some templates are more blog-friendly than others. My template is Om. 

Thanks for your help!

Brenden

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 2
  • Views 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Om is in the Montauk Family, and like Avenue, the blog page does not support a grid only listing with or without promoted blocks. If you want a grid, you will need to make a new page with summary blocks that pull content from your blog. This page can have multiple blocks, 30 posts to a block. They, the thumbnails with preview text,  can be stacked, grid, wall or carousel or mixed together (which I wouldn't do) It takes a bit of work, to put it together, but no code is required, although I use some. Mine is a wall. Take a look and if you want to make a summary page yourself let me know and I will help you with all the particulars. Just click on stories: 

https://myrandomviews.com/

Archived