Different fonts for different languages

Hey there everyone!

I'm currently working on a bilingual site (Russian and English). The problem is that site-wide fonts only work out for the English language while Cyrillic letters/words look pretty ugly.

The question is whether I can use different font for the Russian part of my site via extra coding (using custom CSS)? 

The structure of my site is the following: a welcome page with two buttons (English, Russian); each button leading to a language-based homepage, so there are two homepages and corresponding sub-pages made in the two languages.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, tuanphan said:

You need to use custom code in this case.

You can use different font, by targeting Page with Page ID.

Each page will have different ID.

Thank you for your answer.

And what exactly the code will be? Or where can I look for that info? I'm completely new to CSS and coding 😞

1 minute ago, anikeyev92 said:

Thank you for your answer.

And what exactly the code will be? Or where can I look for that info? I'm completely new to CSS and coding 😞

You should share link to those pages. and which text you want to change font

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Guest BrankoDooot

I would add that using OpenType Std (Standard) is not enough as they contain only the extended Latin character set. Instead, you need OpenType W1G (WGL4) which provide support for Cyrillic alphabet (for example Russian or Serbian cyrilic) and monotonic Greek.

Archived