Changing the "X is required" text in a form block

Hello, I am a bit new to Squarespace. I've made a website that is in spanish and its a bit jarring to have messages appear in english. I have a form that I want people to fill with their information but in the event that they fill it partially the site displays a "x is required." message  is in english (except the x is in spanish cuss it's the name of the form field). It also displays a "Your form has encountered an error..." message which is again in english. I want these to be in spanish. My language settings are in spanish but the form doesnt seem to respond to that. I don't mind translating it myself but I don't know how to access this text. Please help me. Thank you.

Sin títulos.jpg

• Replies 1
  • Views 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi @GSilva

If you have built your website using a template that supports Spanish (the Bedford, Brine, and York families) then these error messages will appear in Spanish automatically. You can switch your template at any time.

As an example, the following screenshot is from a Brine-family template set to Spanish in Settings > Language & Region:

brine-form-spanish.thumb.png.3182be7bc71aa7f1b5da0eb87404ebc5.png

I recommend using one of the templates that supports Spanish natively. You can change the messages on other templates using code, but if Squarespace change something later, the code may stop working. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived