Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
Sign in to follow this  
casson

Prevent index slideshow pausing on mouseover

Question

Hi,

I've put a Slideshow Gallery at the top of an Index Page in the Brine template. It has three images that transition. By default when the mouse hovers over an image the slideshow pauses and you cannot prevent this automatic pausing without a code injection. I would like the slideshow to continue on mouseover however I still need the website visitor to be able to press a gallery dot/arrow indicator or press a 'Call to Action' link in the image content body text. How can this be achieved? The code below prevents the index slideshow pausing on mouseover but it also switches off all mouse pointer events...

/* Index Gallery Slideshow - prevent pause on hover */
.tweak-index-gallery-layout-slideshow .Index-gallery-wrapper {
 pointer-events: none!important;
}
.tweak-index-gallery-layout-slideshow .Index-gallery-wrapper .Index-gallery-control {
  pointer-events: auto;
}

1 answer to this question

Hi Casson,

It looks like you just need to add the !important tag after the auto on the second command:

/* Index Gallery Slideshow - prevent pause on hover */
.tweak-index-gallery-layout-slideshow .Index-gallery-wrapper { pointer-events: none !important; }
.tweak-index-gallery-layout-slideshow .Index-gallery-wrapper .Index-gallery-control { pointer-events: auto !important; }

I just tried this on a couple of my sites and it seemed to work fine. Hope this helps!