Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
tglanton

Custom Payment

Hello,

I'm working on a payment process that requires a large variation of possible prices, so many that it makes creating different products and variants too difficult to manage. Each customer receives a contract with a calculated price prior to coming to the page to make a payment. What we are looking for is the ability to allow the customer to enter the price directly as stated in the contract - similar to a donation block - then pass that information to the paypal integration for payment. We considered using the donation bock, but that has tax implication and forces, or so it seems, donation verbiage into the process which can cause confusion. 

Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Thank you!

Edited by tglanton

Squarespace isn’t a suitable platform for this requirement. You’ll need to embed a completely different payment method to be able to do this, whereas some other platforms allow variable payments. 

If a response has helped you, please give thanks using the  like-20-mag.png.3997345d620e40b4760b5d7a667cad54.png button.
Need personalised help? I'm a professional Developer who works with Designers internationally. You can book me via my company's website. www.sf.digital

Interestingly enough, I spent about an hour today fiddling around with my site attempting to do exactly what you said. My business offers services not products to purchase. Therefore, I send invoices to my clients that could be any random amount depending on the work being done. I wanted a simple way for clients to go to my website to pay their invoices. I also tried turning the “donation” block into a “payment” block, but as you mentioned it wouldn't work without causing other issues and confusion. I ended up doing a live-chat with Squarespace asking if there was anything I could do to set up a simple “make a payment” process and was advised they don’t have a way to do that. I find it odd this isn’t possible to do as it seems something simple that many businesses would use and that would require very little for Squarespace to implement. They could tweek the “donation” wording around and a few other things and there you go!