Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
Bartosz_106

Klarna payment integration

Hi all,

I have recently registered with Klarna to offer pay later options in my Squarespace store. I haven't done my research prior, but was sure I will be able to somehow custom code Klarna payments into my store - I was wrong. I've put a job post up on people per hour and upwork, and received a few proposals from developers. Before continuing I thought I'd better check with Squarespace directly and I learnt it is not possible to integrate Klarna at all at this stage :(

I was wondering whether anyone has found some workaround? I read there is Shopify cart integration way, but I don't really like it.

I think it would be a very valuable feature for a lot of people up here if we could simply just integrate Klarna in similar way to Paypal and Stripe. This payment method would be very useful to me and most of the other shopping platforms already offer this integration.

3 hours ago, Bartosz_106 said:

I think it would be a very valuable feature for a lot of people up here if we could simply just integrate Klarna in similar way to Paypal and Stripe.

I agree entirely. Unfortunately it can take some time for payment methods to be added so until Squarespace integrate this, you are left within the workaround of using an alternative e-commerce checkout on your Squarespace site, or moving to another platform entirely, like Shopify.

It’s far from ideal, but it is how things stand today. 

If a response has helped you, please give thanks using the  like-20-mag.png.3997345d620e40b4760b5d7a667cad54.png button.
Need personalised help? I'm a professional Developer who works with Designers internationally. You can book me via my company's website. www.sf.digital

We have the same problem. I had a lot of discussions with Squarespace. I think it's unfair that Squarespace does not point that out right from the start. We would have decided against it. It  would be better to create an own wordpress shop with the help of a theme (+pagebuilder)... in that case you also have not the problem to pay for every sell  3%.

In Germany it is super unusual to not have Klarna within an online-shop. 

Do you have any experience with Squarespace Developer Area? Are there people who can solve the problem?

https://developers.squarespace.com/

Edited by JuM

5 minutes ago, JuM said:

Do you have any Experience with Squarespace Developer area?

Yes @JuM but you cannot change payment methods on Squarespace Commerce with developer mode or code. Squarespace is a website builder not a hosting platform so you do not have access to the backend code like you would on WordPress or Drupal. The only current workaround is to embed an alternative commerce platform within Squarespace, and so I wrote an article about embedding Shopify Lite to take payments with Klarna. As @Bartosz_106commented, this isn't a perfect solution, but until Squarespace add Klarna to the platform, it is one of the only options available today for someone in invested in Squarespace who needs to accept payments this way.

If a response has helped you, please give thanks using the  like-20-mag.png.3997345d620e40b4760b5d7a667cad54.png button.
Need personalised help? I'm a professional Developer who works with Designers internationally. You can book me via my company's website. www.sf.digital