Removing Price Limit on Products

I'm looking to remove the product price limit that is put on products in the squarespace store. I'm looking to put realty listings up there, but some of my listings are more than 1 millions dollars, but squarespace limits the price amount to anything under 1 million.

Anyone have a solution for me?

I'm assuming that you're not actually offering the properties for purchase directly off your website. If that is the case I would simply set the price to 0, then depending on which template you are using you can hide the price in the style editor. 

From there I would manually enter the price into the product overview text.

The only real downside I can see is that you won't be able to display the price of the main product overview page, product blocks...

It isn't possible to increase the price limit on Squarespace products. This is fixed and will not be increased.

If you want to create an online showroom of items that are priced above the Squarespace limit, like properties or yachts then you'll need to use a workaround. The best option will depend on your individual circumstances, the range of prices that you want to display (lowest to highest), and the way that you want to display them.

For example, you could enter all the prices (on the backend) in a lower denomination (divide by 10, 100 or 1000) and then use a small snippet of code to multiply it by the same factor when displaying them to visitors. If you added $1800 and used code to multiply it by 1000, it would appear as $1,800,000. With some further code, you could display this in a customer friendly way like $1.8M.

Another option may be to create tags that represent the prices and then use some code to convert the tags to prices. For example, a tag of Price-1800000 could be read by code and converted into a human readable price.

As mentioned above, a simpler workaround may be to hide the prices with some CSS and then type the price at the beginning of the product description, although this does prevent prices appearing on the Product List Page (PLP).

/* Hide prices on products */
.product-price {
  display:none!important;
}

Did this help? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009
edited for clarity

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 7 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Site URL: https://www.japachomes.co.nz/house-and-land-for-sale

Squarespace has a price limit for products set to $1M. I'm looking to remove this price limit from my website. I have set up a website for my clients' realty listings, but some of the listings are more than 1 million dollars. My client wants the house prices to be displayed in the main store, but Squarespace limits the price amount to anything under 1 million. At the moment I have the price set to “POA” and the price written in the description. Is there a code to have prices over $1M display in the main store?

Edited by S74

@crmichael @S74 @maq

Solutions will be specific to the site, and to the range of prices that need to be shown. If you post more details about your requirements, including a working link to products on your site, it will be easier for the community to help you. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Hi paul2009,

This website will be listing boats for enquiry only. Some boats will be over $1,000,000 so this is why I am looking for a solution to the product price limit. Please see details below:

https://shallot-hypersphere-wcd4.squarespace.com/buy/p/style-02-7kbhy-gkkp6

Password: marin3_on3

This product needs to be $1,365,000 however there will be other boats that will also be over 1million.

Any help here would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

Chris

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, AntBell said:

Where can I find this snippet of code to multiply the price?

As I mentioned in one of my replies above, the code will be specific to the site and the range of prices that need to be shown.

• 2 months later...

I'm also interested in this. Can't just put it in the description because we'll be using the universal filter. We will have businesses listed for sale on the site, none of which will be actually purchasable online. But many of them will be $1MM+

@paul2009 if you've got a code to remove the limit or something to 10x the input on specific listings, please let me know.

https://www.atria-advisorloans.com/marketplace
PW: advisorloans

• 5 months later...

Hi everyone, Im struggling to add a price above a million on squarespace for some products - these will not be direct sales but descriptive sales. 

How would I go about changing this without getting too complicated. 

Thank you 

Screenshot 2023-08-16 at 09.02.50.png

On 8/16/2023 at 8:03 AM, sebsniven said:

Im struggling to add a price above a million on squarespace for some products

It isn't possible to increase the price limit on Squarespace products. This is fixed and will not be increased.

Please see my earlier answer (from 2019) above

• 1 month later...