Remove Play Button

The site is private. You'll need to set a site password and tell us what it is, so that we can view it.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

You may want to retain the play button but move it above the titles so that visitors realise a video will play. To do this, add the following to Design > Custom CSS:

.collection-type-gallery .video-play-icon {
  bottom: 33%;
}

play-icon.png.a7b003e0cfa7423c9bd75a45e9d5304c.png

If you prefer to remove the icon, use this instead:

.collection-type-gallery .video-play-icon {
  display: none;
}

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Sure. Instead of 'bottom' use 'top' and set a percentage that works on all devices.

Edited by paul2009

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Your site looks great! Was wondering how you achieved that design. You are using video blocks with a thumbnail image, right? How did you mange to have the thumbnail image without boarders? I can only seem to do that with images. Would love to know how you did your motion page.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
On 12/4/2020 at 10:16 PM, citystringensemble said:

Hi Paul,

I'm glad I came across these posts as I am also having a similar issue on the mobile site of Motion Graphics template cover page. 

To fix it, I'd like to remove the play button but the custom code above doesn't do anything when put in Design > Custom CSS.

Any advice?

Can you share site url? We can check easier

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 7 months later...
On 7/14/2021 at 5:24 PM, KasperViitta said:

Oh this is exactly what I need! But the code above doesnt work for me either. I would want the play icon removed. Please help me! :)

my site url is https://wedge-tomato-jyh6.squarespace.com/sillanalla

Add to Design > Custom CSS

/* hide play icon */
.sqs-video-icon {
    visibility: hidden !important;
}

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)