Hide cart until item has been added/purchased?

Hello!

I've just sent up my new website using the Brine template.  Previously, my site was using the Montauk template, and with that template the Shopping/Checkout cart would only appear after someone added an idea to their cart.  In Brine, it seems I always have to have the shopping cart icon present and visible for users to see their cart and check out.  If I leave the cart turned off in Site Styles, then the user is not prompted with a checkout cart after adding an item.   I do not do a lot of commerce on my website.  I do photography, and users only add cart items when I send them a link to purchase a photo session.  So it really doesn't make sense to have a shopping cart visible all the time.    Is there a way to have the shopping cart behave in the same manner it did on Montauk -- appear only after an item has been added and check out is required?    Thanks in advance for help.    My site:   stephengrantphotography.com

• Replies 2
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi there,

Thanks for sharing the plug in.  For some reason, it doesn't seem to work.  I added it into Code Injection > Footer per the instructions.  I also removed all of my custom CSS to see if there was any conflicts.  Have you used it with success?

Archived