Adding anchor links to index navigation?

Guest IntrepidQuixote

Hey all!

I'm totally new to squarespace and I'm trying to set up a fairly simple photography website and wanted to have everything on one scrolling page. I have the index page all set up but I can't figure out how to get the navigation bar to link to sections of the index page.

For example, I can only get a link to the "About" page to show up in the navigation bar if it's a separate page. If I move the About page to a section in the index page it disappears from the navigation bar. 

Is there a way to get sections of the index page to show up in the navigation bar, so I can set it up to scroll down to the About section by clicking it in the bar?

Thanks in advance for the help!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As you haven't provided a link to the site, it's difficult to tell you the best solution because it will depend on the version and template you are using. Different templates have different capabilities. That said, there's an article here that describes how to manually add anchor links (links that take you to sections of the same page):

Adding Index Page anchor links

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!

I have exactly the same problem. I'm building a one-page-website using the template Nueva from the Brine-Family. I would like use the Navigation Bar to jump to the different sections in my stacked layout on my Index-Page. Is that possible at all?

If not, my work-around would be to use the Index-Navigation instead. But since on some pages there is only a picture (for a parallax effect between sections), which I don't want to appear in the navigation, that's also not the best solution at all. An alternative would be to make these picture only sections dispear in the Index-Navigation, but can't find out how to do that. Any suggestions?

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...