• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
Lau_Lau

Change background color behind banner image

Question

Hi everyone,

My main content's background colour is a very light grey, on the whole website. Yet, when I add a banner image to an index page, I can clearly see that the background turns to black behind the image. (default colour from my template - Pedro, Brine family). It means the page is black until image loads..

Anyone knows how I can fix this?

It doesn't look like there is any easy way to do this in the Design panel so I'm thinking some sort of code with my background colour's hex code and important! but I don't know the rest of the code I would need.. 🙂

Thank you!

Edited by Lau_Lau

9 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Lau_Lau said:

the description above should be plenty

@tuanphan is correct. We really need it to view the actual page if we are to provide a working solution first time around. Without a site/page URL the community will find it difficult to help and your question may go unanswered. 

If your site isn't live yet, you can share it with us by setting a site password and sharing it here. Please read the [forum guidelines][1].

World-class Squarespace Developer and Squarespace Circle Leader with a strong reputation on the Squarespace Forum.
I'm trusted by hundreds of Squarespace users worldwide, including designers, freelancers, business owners and big agencies.

I can tackle anything from small tweaks to full websites and I'm available for short and long bookings (min. 1 hour).
Book via my website giving as much notice as possible. Note that I'm usually booked six weeks in advance for jobs longer than an hour.
Prebuilt Squarespace Extensions
Custom Squarespace Extensions: Tell me about the functionality you need

Thanks Paul, but I have a Coming Soon page that unfortunately gets de-activated if I set up a password-protected site, which I don't want to happen..

If you have a coming soon page then your site is public. You just need to share the url. 

World-class Squarespace Developer and Squarespace Circle Leader with a strong reputation on the Squarespace Forum.
I'm trusted by hundreds of Squarespace users worldwide, including designers, freelancers, business owners and big agencies.

I can tackle anything from small tweaks to full websites and I'm available for short and long bookings (min. 1 hour).
Book via my website giving as much notice as possible. Note that I'm usually booked six weeks in advance for jobs longer than an hour.
Prebuilt Squarespace Extensions
Custom Squarespace Extensions: Tell me about the functionality you need

Hi @Lau_Lau

Select a page with banner and open Site Styles.

Go to MAIN: OVERLAY > Overlay Color (below 'enable parallax').

Set your light grey color and drag the bottom slider left to transparent.