Select multiple images on 'imported' tab

Go to solution Solved by creedon,

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

After five years of using squarespace, I still use my desktop photo mangaer, that sorts and opens  containment folders, allows me to open multiple screens, drag and drop photos where I want them. I pay very little attention to the built in image gallery. This is what I use, and its free, not a trial, totally free. 

Sony Play Memories Home Photo cataloging, sorting program

Edited by derricksrandomviews
  • 1 month later...
On 1/2/2021 at 3:22 PM, derricksrandomviews said:

After five years of using squarespace, I still use my desktop photo mangaer, that sorts and opens  containment folders, allows me to open multiple screens, drag and drop photos where I want them. I pay very little attention to the built in image gallery. This is what I use, and its free, not a trial, totally free. 

Sony Play Memories Home Photo cataloging, sorting program

Not really a solution

Its a workaround, but I can tell you having some kind of photo management feaure like one hosting compay I have used has (if they still have one,  their templates are awful) and others  have is most likely not going to happen, images are stored in such a way to make sure your site is responsive, images adjust to fit  on all devices and with all screen resolutions. They give you more control and that could very well  go away. 

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

select multiple photos to add to a gallery with a option-click or command-click -- or even just a single click for each image needed -- should be standard.

many people are using multiple photos across different galleries. Choosing 10 images already uploaded in a new gallery means you have to search image ten times, and if the image you want has been uploaded earlier, you have to scroll down which takes forever.

Other sites enabled multiple selections years ago. Why hasn't squarespace?

Edited by twosquared
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Try this Integration between Squarespace and google photos provided by Appypie

From their website:

Integration of Squarespace and Google Photos

Although there are many free websites for creating a website or blog, most of them are rather cluttered and difficult to navigate. Google Photos is a great way for people to store all of their pictures in one place, although it lacks a blogging feature. Squarespace is a great website with easy navigation and customizable templates. By merging these two products together, their features can be combined in one place. Instead of having to go through two separate sites, users will be able to access both products on one site. This will allow users to have one place where they can edit, store, and post photos all at once.

Benefits of Integration of Squarespace and Google Photos

By combining these two services together, users will be able to do everything on one site. With the use of Squarespace, users will be able to create a beautiful website with ease, while still being able to upload and edit their photos from Google Photos. This will help simplify the process of blog creation because it only requires one website. The integration of these two products will also be beneficial by saving time on going back and forth between multiple websites or devices. Remembering passwords becomes easier when all of the information is stored on one site and accessed through one account. If users ever forget their password, they can easily reset it through their Google account. This will prevent users from having to reset their password with each website separately. Users will also be able to backup all of their photos on one site with ease, which may reduce the number of hard drives needed. By combining these two products together, users will be able to save time and money while still having access to the features they want.

The process to integrate Squarespace and Google Photos may seem complicated and intimidating. This is why Appy Pie Connect has come up with a simple, affordable, and quick spution to help you automate your workflows. Click on the button below to begin.

https://connect.appypie.com/apps/squarespace/integrations/google-photos

Edited by derricksrandomviews
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

+1
I'm rejigging my site into a new template and it's 100% easier to re-upload all the files than it is to select them, one by one, from the Squarespace file manager. It adds up to a huge waste of my time when I have a project that shows 30 images that I have to dig out of my own computers' archives OR spend approx 1 minute each looking for the already uploaded files in the Squarespace file manager. I hope this gets fixed as it's a glaring oversight, enough that I bothered to google a solution, found this thread, logged in here and commented about it! Agh!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...