Modifying Shipping Options

We've hit a problem with shipping options that is causing concern regarding transitioning our site to Squarespace. Specifically, we have several products that cannot be shipped via Express/Next Day due to shipping restrictions (like flammable goods, say colongne that contains an alcohol base, or glue/solvent). Right now, the only option I seem to have is to remove Express/Next Day Shipping from the entire site, which is not going to work. Over 80% of our products can ship via any means, and removing the option completely will lead to customer dis-sat and decline in sales. Having the option on, and reverting the shipping, contacting customer to explain, etc. is also undesirable.

I want to be able to enable specific shipping methods based on the product type. Any guidance from the community here ? From support, it seems that shipping options are just passing through and no logic to further extend.

Thanks in advance,

Doug

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agreed, it's a limitation that will slow current transition of a website, but it will totally block transitioning the 2 others I have warming up. While I understand that there is a ton of great development coming out of Squarespace to enable robust eCommerce features, this really needs to get some focus sooner than later to enable a wider audience to sell on the Squarespace platform. Hoping support can carry this into dev and see what can be done. Thanks for the response !

Archived