How to create a landing page with two options?

Hi All,

I am splitting the services i offer into two clearly different areas and i am trying to create a home page / landing page that offers the two different options as image links that will then click through to the relevant pages... if that makes sense?

In my head i see it as two images side by side, one saying option A, the other saying Option B. I'd then like options a and b to have their own home pages with different menu items etc.

Is this possible? I can't seem to find a way to do it. I'm currently using Forte template

• Replies 5
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quick solution will be to open another squarespace account so you can direct there and there you will have "new menu" for the second option you offer the client...but i hope there is better solution with one account...

interesting question though - if can have 2 different menus...

if someone has better answer i would like to hear it too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/27/2019 at 6:28 AM, toxicfish said:

quick solution will be to open another squarespace account so you can direct there and there you will have "new menu" for the second option you offer the client...but i hope there is better solution with one account...

interesting question though - if can have 2 different menus...

if someone has better answer i would like to hear it too.

10 hours ago, georgearchi said:

Yes i feared the solution would be two accounts but i don't really want the double expense!

Fingers crossed for a better solution

Use 2 menus, then use custom code (CSS) to hide Menu items for each page.

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

It's not easy to provide an example as it will be specific to your site.

That said, there are a number of articles on creating multilingual sites (search this forum for the other threads) and the principle will be exactly the same as your requirement: a site with two languages is the same as a site in the same language but with separate services. Take a look at Squarespace's own guide too: Creating a multilingual site in Squarespace.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived