Changing Templates (Bedford to Rally)

MY current site (survivor42.com) uses Bedford.  I like this, but the index for the "thoughts" (blog / stories) page lacks an index that works for me.

I am considering changing to Rally, but it when I start this process it looks like I have re-create all of my pages and all of the content on the current site / template will be lost.

Is that correct (i.e. what am I missing)

And, thank you for any help.

• Replies 2
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi @survivor42

What are you trying to add to your Blog page that you can't do in Bedford?

@MagneM is right, your info will still be there. With the exception of any blocks in the Page banners of regular pages and your footer. Those don't transfer over.

You'll install Rally, then click Preview. You'll see a bunch of demo content - delete that. Then all your pages will have been moved to the Not Linked section. Set your homepage, then move all the pages to where you'd like them to live in the navigation. None of this will affect your live site. However, if you edit any content on any of those pages, or change URLs or page names, etc. those edits will be reflected on your live site.

If you want to get back to your Bedford site, click Cancel Preview. 

christyprice.com  🇺🇸 Austin, TX US 

Get my 100+ item Client Process Checklist for $17.
📔 Flourish Journal for Creative Entrepreneurs - 365 days of prompts
🎥 Watch Circle Live: Hello Income (feat. Christy Price and Jeremy Schwartz)
🎬 Watch It's Not Hard to Say Goodbye: Crafting Client Offboarding from Circle Day 2023

Archived