Segmenting Squarespace site for different users

Hi,

Total novice when it comes to coding, and have hit a brick wall with what I want my site to do.

Here's my objective: 

I want let different groups of users access different groups of pages - branded and specific to them, whilst hiding other pages which are not.

What I've tried so far:

- Putting a password on a landing page and then linking to non-passworded pages, but the non-passworded pages are obviously still searchable, so not exactly 'hidden' 

- Created a site-wide password, but cannot see an option to select certain pages which are exempt from this - code maybe?

- Utilisiing customer accounts - this just stores purchase info, rather than giving permissions to different areas of the site (confirmed by SQ help)

- Looked into whether I can create a separate site/template and attach it to part of my original domain, in other words having two separate templates from one domain, one from yoursite.com, the other from yoursite/newpage.com for example - not had any success finding out whether this is possible

Does anyone know, if any of the above is possible? Is there a quick piece of code OI can insert into pages I want to be exempt from site wide password, if I can attach multiple templates to one domain? And, of course, if there is a better way to achieve what I want to achieve.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 3
  • Views 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This isn't something you can do with Squarespace alone. If this is an essential feature you will be better off building this on another platform. If you already have a Squarespace website, you'll need to buy a third party add-on.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

23 hours ago, paul2009 said:

This isn't something you can do with Squarespace alone. If this is an essential feature you will be better off building this on another platform. If you already have a Squarespace website, you'll need to buy a third party add-on.

Thanks for the guidance Paul. Do you happen to know any third-party add-ons which would allow me to do this?

There is no perfect solution yet, but until Squarespace build this in as standard, there are a few third party options available. @sarah wrote a great article explaining the advantages and disadvantages of each: WHAT ARE THE OPTIONS FOR MEMBERSHIP-BASED WEBSITES?

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived