Video Thumbnail Hover over

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

This is driving me crazy trying to research into this, I'd love this exact thing.

My main page contains many image blocks, a sort of folio, each image has caption overlays on hover with a click-through that takes you to the relevant page.

I'd love each image block to have an autoplay-video-on-hover function, that also displays the caption.

I've found custom CSS that auto-plays videos, but only from a video block. Video blocks do not have any 'click-through' options available to go to a descriptive page, at least on the template I'm using (Flatiron). Maddening. 

I cannot find a straight forward description of how to achieve auto play video on hover (from an image block) anywhere.

Any help/code is greatly appreciated!

• 1 month later...
On 6/4/2021 at 8:03 AM, Thoma311 said:

Bumping this thread - any luck?

I've also searched far and wide but none of the solutions are working for the Flatiron project images.  I'm trying to swap in a GIF on hover

Hi. I think with gif, this is possible. Can you share link to your site? We can take a look

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 4 months later...