Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

How to remove trailing decimal .00's from product pricing

MarikaS

Question

11 answers to this question

sf-digital-signature-logo-email145.png.46606a2288a2847f44d81b9b7b58f3a5.png
Hi! I'm Paul, an independent Squarespace Consultant since 2007 and founder of SF Digital, building the features that Squarespace didn't include. Our mini-extensions allow you to pick dates in any format, show prices in other currencies, take orders without payment or improve your cartI value honesty, integrity, transparency and respect . Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.

Been there too @Brandon!

The Community team have now imported the old Answers post 👍

Hi! I'm Paul, an independent Squarespace Consultant since 2007 and founder of SF Digital, building the features that Squarespace didn't include. Our mini-extensions allow you to pick dates in any format, show prices in other currencies, take orders without payment or improve your cartI value honesty, integrity, transparency and respect . Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.

Thanks @brandon and @paul2009 for this code! It works perfectly when I first save it in the foot code injection, but as soon as I refresh a page, it reverts to the normal pricing with decimals again. I wonder if it's because our prices are in £ rather than $. I've tried swapping the currencies out in the code but I really don't know what I'm doing! Any ideas how I could get it to work?

Here's an example of what I'm working with: https://ellishampers.co.uk/hampers/magnificent-n8-the-marvel

UPDATE:

Just checked that the above linked worked and the decimals had disappeared! Tried in incognito and they came back again. It seems that if I refresh the page the code works, but the first time I load it the decimals are always there. In normal browsing (not incognito), the same applies but every time you load the page, you also see the decimals briefly before they disappear. Worth putting the code in the header for this or is that something that could go wrong?

Thank you! 😊

Edited by EllisCo

The code was written in 2016 and like many of the older code samples provided on forums, it therefore understandably doesn’t take into account the introduction of Ajax on many Squarespace templates since that time. Turning off Ajax in Site Styles will fix this but it’s just a workaround. A better solution is to replace

(function() {

with

window.Squarespace.onInitialize(Y, function() {

If like me you’d like to understand why, I wrote an explanation here: https://sf.digital/squarespace-solutions/why-doesnt-my-code-work-until-i-refresh-the-page

Edited by paul2009

Hi, thank you very much for this solution, I've found this to work great for me as well apart from a single instance when I choose two variables of a product to add to cart - such as a size and a color. When two variables are chosen, suddenly the two decimals appear again. Any idea why that might be and if there's a way to solve this?