Remove 'Add to Cart' for one product on product page

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I explained how to remove the 'Add to Cart' button on the Brine template in this guide. It also explains how to make prices POA, but you can ignore those aspects and just add the third section of code in section 2. Each template is different, so if this doesn't work for you, please provide a working link to the page on your site.

If you want to remove the 'Add to Cart' button and replace it with an enquiry form on selected products, I have a plugin that makes that very easy: Product Enquiry Form for Squarespace.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Paul,

Thank you, I have used your coding for the POA tag from your guide and it works on the specific product page, the price is gone as well as the purchase button. But on the shop page where all the products are, the price is still showing below the photos of the products that should have POA. Is there another code I should add? I have added to screenshots so it makes more sense...

Thank you!

Screenshot 2019-12-03 at 17.55.05.png

Screenshot 2019-12-03 at 17.55.17.png

@BrigPlease provide a working link to the site so that I can check the configuration and the template being used.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

@Brig this site is password-protected so I'll need the view-only password to be able to see it.

Guest CraigEsqueda
On 11/18/2019 at 11:53 PM, paul2009 said:

I explained how to remove the 'Add to Cart' button on the Brine template in this guide. It also explains how to make prices POA, but you can ignore those aspects and just add the third section of code in section 2. Each template is different, so if this doesn't work for you, please provide a working link to the page on your site.

If you want to remove the 'Add to Cart' button and replace it with an enquiry form on selected products, I have a plugin that makes that very easy: Product Enquiry Form for Squarespace.

Thanks Paul for your help

It solved my problem.

Regards

@Brig That guide was written for the Brine template on Squarespace 7.0 but I can see that you are using 7.1. Here's an updated guide for 7.1.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Paul-

We have the Galapago template on our site and would like to swap out some product pages, with a contact form instead of pricing, as you described above. Here is a link to one of our product pages:

http://www.newcollargoods.com/all-items/copy-of-the-hudson-dining-table-f4es9?category=Furniture

We are also looking in to using the "Foster" template, if you're able to provide coding for both templates, that would be great.

I appreciate your help!

Archived