Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
oddthing

Remove 'Add to Cart' for one product on product page

Question

I have a product in my online store which I do not want customers adding to their cart. I want them to enquire and then make payment. Is it possible to remove the 'Add to Cart' button for one product within the product page?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by oddthing

9 answers to this question

I explained how to remove the 'Add to Cart' button on the Brine template in this guide. It also explains how to make prices POA, but you can ignore those aspects and just add the third section of code in section 2. Each template is different, so if this doesn't work for you, please provide a working link to the page on your site.

If you want to remove the 'Add to Cart' button and replace it with an enquiry form on selected products, I have a plugin that makes that very easy: Product Enquiry Form for Squarespace.

If a response has helped you, please give thanks using the  like-20-mag.png.3997345d620e40b4760b5d7a667cad54.png button.
Need personalised help? I'm a professional Developer who works with Designers internationally. You can book me via my company's website. www.sf.digital

Hi Paul,

Thank you, I have used your coding for the POA tag from your guide and it works on the specific product page, the price is gone as well as the purchase button. But on the shop page where all the products are, the price is still showing below the photos of the products that should have POA. Is there another code I should add? I have added to screenshots so it makes more sense...

Thank you!

Screenshot 2019-12-03 at 17.55.05.png

Screenshot 2019-12-03 at 17.55.17.png

@BrigPlease provide a working link to the site so that I can check the configuration and the template being used.

Edited by paul2009

If a response has helped you, please give thanks using the  like-20-mag.png.3997345d620e40b4760b5d7a667cad54.png button.
Need personalised help? I'm a professional Developer who works with Designers internationally. You can book me via my company's website. www.sf.digital

On 11/18/2019 at 11:53 PM, paul2009 said:

I explained how to remove the 'Add to Cart' button on the Brine template in this guide. It also explains how to make prices POA, but you can ignore those aspects and just add the third section of code in section 2. Each template is different, so if this doesn't work for you, please provide a working link to the page on your site.

If you want to remove the 'Add to Cart' button and replace it with an enquiry form on selected products, I have a plugin that makes that very easy: Product Enquiry Form for Squarespace.

Thanks Paul for your help

It solved my problem.

Regards

@Brig That guide was written for the Brine template on Squarespace 7.0 but I can see that you are using 7.1. Here's an updated guide for 7.1.