Shopping on Instagram set-up troubleshooting

Anyone savvy enough about Shopping on Instagram, to be able to give me some guidance on the following re/ set-up?

I followed this Squarespace article Tagging products on Instagram and finished “Step 6 - Wait for Instagram approval” ten days ago (!), but Instagram’s app, Settings > Business still shows no “Shopping” option. I've already tried the log out/into the app, unin/reinstall the app, re-tried the set-up steps, but still no dice.

INFO TO HELP TROUBLESHOOT

Within Facebook Business Manager > Catalogs, there’s a section titled “Instagram Shopping” that:

• lists my Instagram Profile with the note “Not eligible for Instagram Shopping. Why?”
  • a grayed-out toggle button with the label "Not Connected", that when hovered over, displays “This Instagram Business profile was not approved for Instagram Shopping. Learn More.” Both the “Why?” and “Learn More?” link to the IG article Set Up Requirements for Shopping on Instagram. I do satisfy all requirements listed in this article.

Also within Facebook Business Manager > Business SettingsAccounts

• in Pages, my Facebook Page is listed as Owned by: Siena and Toast ID: 179449625400494
  • In Instagram Accounts, my IG account is listed as Owned by: Siena and Toast ID: 342269639219651
  • ...but with no explanation about the significance of these IDs, nor in the help articles I've found so far.

Should these IDs match? If yes, where/how do I go about resolving this? 

Any other guidance as to how to set-up Shopping on Instagram?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the same too, it's super frustrating, I have wasted so much time trying to resolve but to no joy. 

I am going to try and reset everything now and see if that works. 

Annoying having to keep changing my business profile back to a personal as I lose all my insights, but oh well!

Would love a solution if anyone finds one!

Ok, I have made progress.....

After finding these instructions on a Shopify forum for the same issue, I followed them and I now have this....(see pic)

I think the key difference for me was that I changed my page category from 'community' to 'e-commerce website'. 

I'll report back either way but fingers crossed. This is the furthest I've got and it now has a Instagram Shopping bit on my Facebook Business Manager saying 0 connect, 1 in review. 

ss.jpg

IMG_4608.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Archived