Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

How to hide 'All category' in page menu


Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, waynegallowayceramics said:

I have successfully removed the 'all' from my list but all of the images still show.

The CSS display none has no effect on the underlying code that creates the page.

16 hours ago, waynegallowayceramics said:

I want to default to images from one of my other categories. Is there a way to do this?

Please post the URL to your Store page.

If your site is not public please set up a site-wide password, if you've not already done so. Post the password here.

We can then take a look at your issue.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as best , and see my profile. Thanks for your support!

Link to comment
On 11/8/2020 at 3:28 AM, creedon said:

The CSS display none has no effect on the underlying code that creates the page.

Please post the URL to your Store page.

If your site is not public please set up a site-wide password, if you've not already done so. Post the password here.

We can then take a look at your issue.

Thanks, I have published the site in full now - though my issue remain as you can see. 

Link to comment
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/10/2020 at 6:29 AM, blitz said:

yes...my current configuration is as shown in the screenshot.  i still see all products when i click the shop button on my page.  I'd like all products to only appear once the category has been selected by the customer.

Having the same issue - any ideas?

Link to comment

@andrea_liuzzi

I have an idea. The last couple of times I looked into this I couldn't seem to find a way to do this with CSS only.

However a little Javascript can do the trick.

Add the following to Settings > Advanced > Code Injection > HEADER. 

<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.5.1/jquery.min.js"></script>

Add the following to Store Settings > Advanced > Page Header Code Injection for the store page.

<script>

  $( ( ) => {
  
    // hide all category on main store page
    
    if ( ! $( '.nested-category-breadcrumb' ).length ) return;
    
      $( '.category-item:first' ).css ( 'display', 'none' );
      
    } );
    
  </script>

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as best , and see my profile. Thanks for your support!

Link to comment
7 hours ago, creedon said:

@andrea_liuzzi

I have an idea. The last couple of times I looked into this I couldn't seem to find a way to do this with CSS only.

However a little Javascript can do the trick.

Add the following to Settings > Advanced > Code Injection > HEADER. 


<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.5.1/jquery.min.js"></script>

Add the following to Store Settings > Advanced > Page Header Code Injection for the store page.


<script>

  $( ( ) => {
  
    // hide all category on main store page
    
    if ( ! $( '.nested-category-breadcrumb' ).length ) return;
    
      $( '.category-item:first' ).css ( 'display', 'none' );
      
    } );
    
  </script>

Let us know how it goes.

Hi thanks for this but still see all products listed in the store when I click Shop. I'm using the Tresoire template at the moment.

Link to comment
6 hours ago, andrea_liuzzi said:

still see all products listed in the store when I click Shop.

Please post the URL for your shop page.

If your site is not public please set up a site-wide password, if you've not already done so. Post the password here.

We can then take a look at your issue.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as best , and see my profile. Thanks for your support!

Link to comment
8 hours ago, andrea_liuzzi said:

enjoyyourstyle.co.uk/shop

Add to Home > Design > Custom CSS

ul.nested-category-children {
    display: none !important;
}

 

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours.

How to: Setup password & share url - Insert Custom CSS - Open Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID, Data Section ID - Contact Squarespace Customer Care - Learn CSS at W3Schools

I'm Tuan, blogger/owner of a free library for children in Vietnam. Helping the community is a hobby. Contact me via email.

Link to comment
On 1/5/2021 at 9:40 PM, creedon said:

@andrea_liuzzi

I have an idea. The last couple of times I looked into this I couldn't seem to find a way to do this with CSS only.

However a little Javascript can do the trick.

Add the following to Settings > Advanced > Code Injection > HEADER. 


<script src="https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.5.1/jquery.min.js"></script>

Add the following to Store Settings > Advanced > Page Header Code Injection for the store page.


<script>

  $( ( ) => {
  
    // hide all category on main store page
    
    if ( ! $( '.nested-category-breadcrumb' ).length ) return;
    
      $( '.category-item:first' ).css ( 'display', 'none' );
      
    } );
    
  </script>

Let us know how it goes.

this didn't work for me.

Link to comment
On 1/6/2021 at 5:40 AM, andrea_liuzzi said:

Hi thanks for this but still see all products listed in the store when I click Shop. I'm using the Tresoire template at the moment.

It sounds as though you are trying to accomplish something different then what the topic of this thread implies to me.

To me the subject implies that the OP wanted to hide the word All in the category listing shop pages.

It sounds like you want to get rid of the main shop page all together which is the All category?

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as best , and see my profile. Thanks for your support!

Link to comment
55 minutes ago, creedon said:

It sounds as though you are trying to accomplish something different then what the topic of this thread implies to me.

To me the subject implies that the OP wanted to hide the word All in the category listing shop pages.

It sounds like you want to get rid of the main shop page all together which is the All category?

I see what you're saying now.  yes, it would seem the OP may have only wanted to hide the category of all where as some of us want to prevent showing of all products on the main store page bottom.  we are looking to require the customer to drill down through the categories or sections to view individual product groupings rather than be able to view all products listed individually on the main store page.

Link to comment
11 minutes ago, blitz said:

I see what you're saying now.  yes, it would seem the OP may have only wanted to hide the category of all where as some of us want to prevent showing of all products on the main store page bottom.  we are looking to require the customer to drill down through the categories or sections to view individual product groupings rather than be able to view all products listed individually on the main store page.

I suggest starting a new topic explaining what you want and you might mention that you don't just want to hide the word All to clarify as much as possible! 🙂

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as best , and see my profile. Thanks for your support!

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2021 at 11:48 PM, creedon said:

It sounds as though you are trying to accomplish something different then what the topic of this thread implies to me.

To me the subject implies that the OP wanted to hide the word All in the category listing shop pages.

It sounds like you want to get rid of the main shop page all together which is the All category?

Oh okay, misunderstood - thanks for your help!

Link to comment
On 1/17/2021 at 5:40 AM, andrea_liuzzi said:

Oh okay, misunderstood - thanks for your help!

No worries. I think we can help you but please clarify what you want to accomplish. Do you want to hide the word "All"? Or do you want to hide all products on the main store page which is the all category?

Both have been done so we just need more info.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as best , and see my profile. Thanks for your support!

Link to comment
On 1/19/2021 at 7:46 AM, creedon said:

No worries. I think we can help you but please clarify what you want to accomplish. Do you want to hide the word "All"? Or do you want to hide all products on the main store page which is the all category?

Both have been done so we just need more info.

All category on the main store page at this moment in time - I posted the question here although having issues with CSS: 

 

Link to comment
On 1/22/2021 at 5:56 AM, andrea_liuzzi said:

All category on the main store page at this moment in time

Does the solution in this thread help?

Be sure to remove or comment out any previous attempts at a solution as they could conflict with each other.

Edited by creedon

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as best , and see my profile. Thanks for your support!

Link to comment
  • 4 months later...
On 11/18/2019 at 8:00 PM, tuanphan said:

Can you share link to your site? @The_Style_Platform

Hi there! Trying to hide my categories and "all products" when clicking on a category- after clicking on a category, you have to scroll past all the categories again to get to the product page under the category you selected- heres the link to my website!: abstractg.art , please let me know if theres anything you know may help!

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

×
×
  • Create New...