How To Reverse Blog Post Order in Summary Block

The lazy summaries plugin is a third party solution that allows for you to sort the posts in several ways, including oldest to newest. https://www.squarewebsites.org/products/lazy-summaries

Edited by christyprice
Solution found

christyprice.com  🇺🇸 Austin, TX US 

Get my 100+ item Client Process Checklist for $17.
📔 Flourish Journal for Creative Entrepreneurs - 365 days of prompts
🎥 Watch Circle Live: Hello Income (feat. Christy Price and Jeremy Schwartz)
🎬 Watch It's Not Hard to Say Goodbye: Crafting Client Offboarding from Circle Day 2023

• 6 months later...

Before spending money on "lazy summaries", I'd like more info.  I also want to reverse the order of my posts from oldest to newest but in one category only.  I will have an "introductory" category that should be read in order.  And when this category is displayed on a group page (or do you call this a summary page?), I want them to also be oldest to newest.

However, in other blog categories, I want them displayed the usual way - newest post first.  Is all this possible?

Edit the individual  blog posts date published, its a bit convoluted but it works. But its an all or nothing  kind of thing, So first question is yes, second question is no. I am doing this thing now on my site for one category.

You can see how I use summary blocks here: my random views derrick Lee parker under stories and photography lessons on the Nav bar. The lessons are listed in reverse order of publication so they run in order almost, I use a wall and didn't want to crop one picture, you will see what I mean. (I can change a couple of  their dates again and move them be in  order left to right) They are on their own page. I hide the dates and the categories.The lessons are not on the blog story summary page, could be there if I wanted them there but in the same order. 

Edited by derricksrandomviews
  • 11 months later...