Center Heading & Navigation - using logo as true center

I'm using Brine. 

I have my logo and navigation centered at the top of my site. BUT I'm noticing that it's not centering based on my logo, it's centering based on the total width of the navigation + logo. 

This is making my logo and navigation look off-centered. 

How can I make it center from the LOGO, so the logo is always true center?

I've attached a screenshot that shows my header + nav settings and the awkward not-centered way it's displaying. Note: I've removed the "members login" nav link from my site for public viewing until I figure this out, so if you go there, you won't see it.

Thanks in advance!

earth-speak-logo-nav-not-centered-settings.png

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've switched it so that my primary nav is in the bottom left, and my secondary nav is in my bottom right. 

link is: https://www.earthspeak.love/

If I can make the contents of the bottom left align to the right 

and 

of the bottom right align to the left, then I assume that would keep my logo centered, while having the nav links be nestled on either side of the logo. 

Thoughts?

I am running into the exact same issue, working on Rover (Brine).

Would love to hear if someone has a solution for this!

(@natalienet I see you have worked around it by forcing the nav items to the left and right, that's one way to deal with it, but I would really like to know if there is a way to force the logo to sit in the center of the header)

Even if you centred the logo, the layout won't look so great if there is no symmetry either side of it. The best solution is to arrange your nav items equally on either side of the logo and try to keep the length of each one consistent.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2019 at 12:22 AM, Burchard said:

Thanks for your input Paul. I tend to agree that it may not look so great, but that's not always the case. Shouldn't it simply be possible to force the logo to the center, regardless whether it's looking good or not? There's a place for not so good looking stuff too, right?

I agree! My design is based on symmetry, but there may be a letter or two difference between menu titles on either side, which messes up my whole logo centered design. It's so aggravating! 

For now I've just settle with having the menu nav titles left and right aligned, so they don't mess with the center logo. If I find a workaround, I will use it to bring the menu nav items back to snug against either side of the centered logo. So strange that this isn't a built-in option!

Archived