• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
ecs_cares

Products Page Customization

Question

Hi guys!

I am wondering if someone can help me figure out how to add a banner to the individual product pages.

Right now there is no banner and it messes with the whole navigation system on those pages. 

Additionally, I'm curious if there's a way to change the background for all of the individual product pages to white and the text to black.

Here's an example of a product page I am talking about: 

https://penguin-roadrunner-4c8m.squarespace.com/main-products/ct-sharps-container-hoop-brackets 

Password is: Skyfall77

7 answers to this question

I've noticed that you've added some CSS to fix the header. I would suggest making the header Sticky instead of Fixed. I would use the below CSS instead, this will solve the issue you're having with the navigation.

.Header.Header--top {
    position: sticky;
	position: -webkit-sticky;
    top: 0px;
    z-index: 9999;
    background-color: 
    rgba(0,0,0,.6);
}

As for the product pages and the background/font colours would you be able to clarify what you mean?  From what I can see your backgrounds are already white and the font is already black.

If you see an answer that was helpful please consider hitting the 121238226_Screenshot2019-11-02at14_53_39.png.0416997a5e856e0159fa1edbd624659e.png button on the right. 

Need help with your website or online store? Feel free to get in touch.

thompsonweb.design

10 hours ago, ThompsonWebDesign said:

I've noticed that you've added some CSS to fix the header. I would suggest making the header Sticky instead of Fixed. I would use the below CSS instead, this will solve the issue you're having with the navigation.

.Header.Header--top {
    position: sticky;
	position: -webkit-sticky;
    top: 0px;
    z-index: 9999;
    background-color: 
    rgba(0,0,0,.6);
}

As for the product pages and the background/font colours would you be able to clarify what you mean?  From what I can see your backgrounds are already white and the font is already black.

Oh this is very helpful. thank you!! 🙂 Much appreciated. It worked but now I have a blue area right under the header that looks funny. Is there any way to fix that? Thank you so much for your help! You've saved me hours of trial and error. 

Additionally, yes, I figured out the background/font colours after playing around with it for a bit. ^___^

Do you know how to add a banner to the individual product pages? I was thinking about putting a photo or video, but there doesn't seem to be an option.

Thanks in advance. 

Edited by ecs_cares

So it looks like the blue is coming through because it's your websites background colour. Try the below piece of CSS.

.Main .Main--products-item {
	background-color: white;
}

I've never added a banner image to a product page but just from a user experience standpoint I don't really think adding a banner is a great idea.

If you see an answer that was helpful please consider hitting the 121238226_Screenshot2019-11-02at14_53_39.png.0416997a5e856e0159fa1edbd624659e.png button on the right. 

Need help with your website or online store? Feel free to get in touch.

thompsonweb.design

27 minutes ago, ThompsonWebDesign said:

So it looks like the blue is coming through because it's your websites background colour. Try the below piece of CSS.

}

I've never added a banner image to a product page but just from a user experience standpoint I don't really think adding a banner is a great idea.

Okay, thank you so much! you've been tremendously helpful. 🙂

1 hour ago, ThompsonWebDesign said:

}

Hi, so sorry to bother you again. I still haven't been able to successfully target that blue space.

Would it be a different CSS code? Like for a header or navigation or something? I tried various different combination but it's still blue. 😞

4 minutes ago, ThompsonWebDesign said:

Have you tried adding !important to the CSS?

.Main.Main--products-item{
	background-color: white!important;
}

Oh that worked!!!!!

Thank you so, so much for responding.