Products Page Customization

Hi guys!

I am wondering if someone can help me figure out how to add a banner to the individual product pages.

Right now there is no banner and it messes with the whole navigation system on those pages. 

Additionally, I'm curious if there's a way to change the background for all of the individual product pages to white and the text to black.

Here's an example of a product page I am talking about: 

https://penguin-roadrunner-4c8m.squarespace.com/main-products/ct-sharps-container-hoop-brackets 

Password is: Skyfall77

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've noticed that you've added some CSS to fix the header. I would suggest making the header Sticky instead of Fixed. I would use the below CSS instead, this will solve the issue you're having with the navigation.

.Header.Header--top {
    position: sticky;
	position: -webkit-sticky;
    top: 0px;
    z-index: 9999;
    background-color: 
    rgba(0,0,0,.6);
}

As for the product pages and the background/font colours would you be able to clarify what you mean?  From what I can see your backgrounds are already white and the font is already black.

10 hours ago, ThompsonWebDesign said:

I've noticed that you've added some CSS to fix the header. I would suggest making the header Sticky instead of Fixed. I would use the below CSS instead, this will solve the issue you're having with the navigation.

.Header.Header--top {
    position: sticky;
	position: -webkit-sticky;
    top: 0px;
    z-index: 9999;
    background-color: 
    rgba(0,0,0,.6);
}

As for the product pages and the background/font colours would you be able to clarify what you mean?  From what I can see your backgrounds are already white and the font is already black.

Oh this is very helpful. thank you!! 🙂 Much appreciated. It worked but now I have a blue area right under the header that looks funny. Is there any way to fix that? Thank you so much for your help! You've saved me hours of trial and error. 

Additionally, yes, I figured out the background/font colours after playing around with it for a bit. ^___^

Do you know how to add a banner to the individual product pages? I was thinking about putting a photo or video, but there doesn't seem to be an option.

Thanks in advance. 

27 minutes ago, ThompsonWebDesign said:

So it looks like the blue is coming through because it's your websites background colour. Try the below piece of CSS.

.Main .Main--products-item {
	background-color: white;
}

I've never added a banner image to a product page but just from a user experience standpoint I don't really think adding a banner is a great idea.

Okay, thank you so much! you've been tremendously helpful. 🙂

1 hour ago, ThompsonWebDesign said:

So it looks like the blue is coming through because it's your websites background colour. Try the below piece of CSS.

.Main .Main--products-item {
	background-color: white;
}

I've never added a banner image to a product page but just from a user experience standpoint I don't really think adding a banner is a great idea.

Hi, so sorry to bother you again. I still haven't been able to successfully target that blue space.

Would it be a different CSS code? Like for a header or navigation or something? I tried various different combination but it's still blue. 😞

• 11 months later...
On 10/20/2020 at 5:03 AM, TiffanyChaplin said:

I'm having this same issue. Page I'm trying to add a background color too: https://www.laenovesedesigns.com/new-arrivals

Anyone have any suggestions for how to do this? Thanks in advance. 

Add to Home > Design > Custom CSS

body#collection-5f10bebab873f8461de9ff3e {
.Site-inner section, .Site-inner main {
    background: red !important;
}
}

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Archived