Remove blog title from my header

• Replies 25
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Craigmcc said:

https://www.mccloskeycoaching.com/lifestyle-blog/5-success-tips-on-starting-a-new-health-routine-1

It's like that on all my blog posts. If I could remove the thumbnail in my header and title that would be ideal!

Add to Home > Design > Custom CSS

.collection-type-blog.view-item .banner-thumbnail-wrapper {
    display: none;
}

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 4 months later...
On 11/13/2019 at 9:56 AM, tuanphan said:

Add to Home > Design > Custom CSS

.collection-type-blog.view-item .banner-thumbnail-wrapper {
}

Is there a way to do this so that it only affects one of my blogs, not all of them?

So I have a general blog that I don't want to be affected and then I am trying to set up another blog to display information about our team members and I don't want the thumbnail to display in the blog wrap header. 

6 hours ago, Hayesw said:

Is there a way to do this so that it only affects one of my blogs, not all of them?

So I have a general blog that I don't want to be affected and then I am trying to set up another blog to display information about our team members and I don't want the thumbnail to display in the blog wrap header. 

Add to blog settings > Advanced > Header

<style>
.banner-thumbnail-wrapper {
}
</style>

Or send to forum message

• 2 months later...

@tuanphan Sorry to bring this up again but I also have the same issue. The code works but it also hides my blog title, and I still want that to show up. Is there a way to do this without me having to type my blog title in the title field, AND again in the paragraph just so it will show up? I feel like that would look weird.

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, jessmartinez said:

@tuanphan Sorry to bring this up again but I also have the same issue. The code works but it also hides my blog title, and I still want that to show up. Is there a way to do this without me having to type my blog title in the title field, AND again in the paragraph just so it will show up? I feel like that would look weird.

Thanks!

What is your problem? Which element you want to hide? Can you share link to your site?

Or send to forum message

2 hours ago, jessmartinez said:

@tuanphan I'm still setting up my blog, but it looks like this in the screenshot.

I don't want to have a banner on top of each blog post, but when I use your code it also hides my blog title. I'd like the blog title to appear on top of my paragraphs part in the picture like a typical blog post

Can you share link to blog post?

Or send to forum message

@ryandejaegher Not quite, something like this without the banner completely, and the title is just above the rest of the blog post 🙂 (this screenshot is taken from the blog feed http://jecamartinez.com/blog-feed , but when you click on any of the posts, it leads to the blog with the banner header)

But I can also consider doing something like what you did with just a plain colored background. What code did you use to get that effect? (just so I have options)

Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 12.02.39 PM.png

@ryandejaegher I've just checked, and if I remove the thumbnail it displays the blog post title like in the screenshot. However I prefer to have the option to upload the thumbnail. My plan is to create a page with summary blocks, so I would need those thumbnails to show up for visual purposes 🙂

And yes, it is a bit weird! When I started building out my website using this theme I didn't realize that the individual blog post would have a giant banner as a title, and it honestly doesn't look nice. I just thought it would look like how regular blog posts look

I am thinking that my workaround for now would be to type the blog title on the title field, and again within the blog post with an H2 format, and then just add a code to hide the banner title (unless you've managed to find a code, which would be so much better!) 😄

Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 12.02.39 PM.png

@jessmartinez

Add this to your custom CSS 

/* Hide banner image */
.banner-thumbnail-wrapper {
}

/* Control spacing between page content and menu */
#page {
    padding-top: 180px;
}

/* Style Blog Title content */
/* Hide post author */
.title-desc-wrapper .post-author {
}

.title-desc-wrapper .post-title {

}

.title-desc-wrapper .post-date {

}

Add this code to Settings -> Advanced -> Code Injection -> Footer

(function(){
  window.addEventListener('load', function(){
var bannerText = document.querySelector('.title-desc-wrapper');
var blogContent = document.querySelector('#content');

if(bannerText !== null) {
blogContent.insertAdjacentElement('afterbegin', bannerText);
    }
})

})();

If there's a banner image it will move the text above the content and then the custom CSS will take care of hiding the banner. You'll need to adjust the styling of the title and date to your liking

Philadelphia, PA

👉 Squarespace Tutorials 

Chat/Message on FB Messenger for quickest responsehttps://m.me/dejaegherryan

Archived