Changing Text Colors in 7.1

Hello! Please help if you know advance 7.1 styling or coding!

I'm trying to customize my site's font colors in 7.1 .  I've gone through the Site Styles and changed the color palette in the general Advanced section, and changed specific items in the Customize section of specific "sets". Also tried deselecting the current theme in sections to have it take on the global style. But no matter what I do, I can't change all the font colors on my site.

Specifically, the client wants all her titles and image overlay captions and most text to be Blue. Can anybody help out with this? Do I need to use code?

Just a note Squaspace, this is a SUPER important aspect of being able to customize a site, and I wish there were an easier way to do this. I get lost in all the options that are laid out in different parts of the editor. Think others are having this same problem as well!

This text should be blue.JPG

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For the community to help, it’s important for us to see your site by visiting it. Please provide a working link to the relevant pages and tell us exactly which items you want to change. If your site is in trial and not publicly viewable, please check the visibility settings. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

If you want all h1 titles to be blue, you could add this to Custom CSS, then just change out the hex code to the correct color blue.

h1 {
    color: #3c5dae !important;
}

Then target any other headings you want to be blue as well.

christyprice.com  🇺🇸 Austin, TX US 

Get my 100+ item Client Process Checklist for $17.
📔 Flourish Journal for Creative Entrepreneurs - 365 days of prompts
🎥 Watch Circle Live: Hello Income (feat. Christy Price and Jeremy Schwartz)
🎬 Watch It's Not Hard to Say Goodbye: Crafting Client Offboarding from Circle Day 2023

• 5 months later...

You can change the colors within each Color theme if you go to Design > Colors, then click the pencil icon beside any theme. You can see the advanced color options and select any color you’d like for each heading size. I’d recommend this as it doesn’t require custom code, unless you want a quick fix for all like the OP. 

Here’s a rundown of colors in 7.1: 

christyprice.com  🇺🇸 Austin, TX US 

Get my 100+ item Client Process Checklist for $17.
📔 Flourish Journal for Creative Entrepreneurs - 365 days of prompts
🎥 Watch Circle Live: Hello Income (feat. Christy Price and Jeremy Schwartz)
🎬 Watch It's Not Hard to Say Goodbye: Crafting Client Offboarding from Circle Day 2023

• 2 months later...
On 6/29/2020 at 10:02 PM, ThomasPrudhomme said:

Hello, 

here is my website-> http://www.thomasprudhomme.com 

in my case i can't change the "BOOK ONE" and "FACETIME LOOKDOWN" in any colors in fact. I want to keep the titles at the top black, but not on the preview image you can see at the home page. 

thank you for your help, 

Add to Home > Design > Custom CSS

.grid-item h3.portfolio-title {
    color: red;
}

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 6 months later...
9 hours ago, jlama said:

I need to change font color to black on a specific section of my homepage. I created an index page with a grey background but it automatically changed to white. I want to achieve the same style as my other sections918947177_ScreenShot2021-01-15at9_50_06AM.thumb.png.ceec927f158f422645f227030e72932a.png

Screen Shot 2021-01-15 at 9.51.44 AM.png

Can you share link? We can help easier

Or send to forum message

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there, 

I want a monochromatic color scheme on my site (https://www.tribeandsol.com) and all the font to be one color. I have edited themes individually and various other things.

Can someone please help me I've been up all night!

My mega menu (the drop down) won't change the color and a few areas of my homepage. Below all the text should be brown not black and white. 

1700690825_ScreenShot2021-01-30at9_49_04AM.thumb.png.2a9f61665d84967e97aa76aa0b890831.png

This is a banner with scrolling text it should be cream and the text should be brown instead when you hover its brown and you can't see it otherwise. 

754634534_ScreenShot2021-01-30at9_49_12AM.thumb.png.d8f1cdbd63c1ae8c70e27063dc45e47f.png

Here is an example of monochromatic that I want my site to look like https://www.indiaearl.com 

1875512766_ScreenShot2021-01-30at9_54_31AM.thumb.png.fdbb244ac18417d8a23f3d11205327a0.png

Thank you in advance!

11 hours ago, Ndi said:

Hey there, 

I want a monochromatic color scheme on my site (https://www.tribeandsol.com) and all the font to be one color. I have edited themes individually and various other things.

Can someone please help me I've been up all night!

My mega menu (the drop down) won't change the color and a few areas of my homepage. Below all the text should be brown not black and white. 

1700690825_ScreenShot2021-01-30at9_49_04AM.thumb.png.2a9f61665d84967e97aa76aa0b890831.png

This is a banner with scrolling text it should be cream and the text should be brown instead when you hover its brown and you can't see it otherwise. 

754634534_ScreenShot2021-01-30at9_49_12AM.thumb.png.d8f1cdbd63c1ae8c70e27063dc45e47f.png

Here is an example of monochromatic that I want my site to look like https://www.indiaearl.com 

1875512766_ScreenShot2021-01-30at9_54_31AM.thumb.png.fdbb244ac18417d8a23f3d11205327a0.png

Thank you in advance!

Add to Design > Custom CSS

div.mega-menu-item *, .mega-menu-item :not(.image-button a) a {
    color: brown !important;
}

Or send to forum message

Thank you so much it worked! do you have any idea how I can change the background of the mega menu? 

Also I can't update my site I have tried for several hours. I can add some things but can't remove or edit other things. Changes not taking updating when I save them. 

I'm using 7.1 and Safari as the browser. I've cleared history, cache, restarted etc. 

If I create a new site I can edit that just fine. When I try to edit my existing site. Nothing happens.

On 1/31/2021 at 1:33 PM, Ndi said:

Thank you so much it worked! do you have any idea how I can change the background of the mega menu? 

Also I can't update my site I have tried for several hours. I can add some things but can't remove or edit other things. Changes not taking updating when I save them. 

I'm using 7.1 and Safari as the browser. I've cleared history, cache, restarted etc. 

If I create a new site I can edit that just fine. When I try to edit my existing site. Nothing happens.

Try remove mega menu code & check again

Or send to forum message

Archived