Quantity Discount threshold

Ive looked and came up empty handed. Is there a way to add thresholds pricing to quantities on items? For example, if you buy 1-10 of product A, its $15.99, but if you buy 10-20 of product A, they are 12.99. etc etc. I need a way to set the thresholds, and then hope that it also calculates it.

TIA

Yes and no. You can but it is going to be a lot of work.

The solution is to use variants. So the variant title would be called Quantity. Then each variant would be a different quantity, 1, 2, 3... You would then price each variant accordingly. But like I said this is a lot of work, you won't be able to keep track of inventory, updating prices will be tedious and each variant will need its own SKU.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have just had a support query answered on this and there isn't any way to offer multi buy/quantity threshold discounts.

I'm looking to offer a "buy 3 and get the third for $X" or X% off on our website but there is no way to do this. The benefit of having this as a discount option is the ability to manage inventory effectively so that if people buy 3 of our single products and receive a discount on the third, the single product inventory still gets updated. 

There was a suggestion to just offer a discount if someone spends over the amount that 3 products cost but unfortunately we have different variants (size) and it wouldn't be able to account for that. They also suggested adding a new separate product that was just the bundle - then buyers could selected the variants from a drop down but this doesn't work in practice as the variants end up being too many to manage AND they don't link up to inventory of the single product pages. This would then mean having to continually update the single product stock level after every 3 product set was bought.

I have asked this to be considered as a feature requested but based on the lack of responses on here to these queries that I can see, I don't know if it's a priority.

They have finally suggested looked at custom CSS code for this and I'm looking into this now and will report back if I get anything that may work. Similarly if anyone on here can think of a way to create custom CSS to implement these quantity discounts, please let me know!!

I know Shopify have their app store with products that offer this functionality - it's a pretty common e-commerce offering to be honest and I was quite surprised SquareSpace didn't have a way to offer it when I went to try and add it. Oh well!

17 hours ago, JamesLD said:

I have just had a support query answered on this and there isn't any way to offer multi buy/quantity threshold discounts.

I'm looking to offer a "buy 3 and get the third for $X" or X% off on our website but there is no way to do this. The benefit of having this as a discount option is the ability to manage inventory effectively so that if people buy 3 of our single products and receive a discount on the third, the single product inventory still gets updated. 

There was a suggestion to just offer a discount if someone spends over the amount that 3 products cost but unfortunately we have different variants (size) and it wouldn't be able to account for that. They also suggested adding a new separate product that was just the bundle - then buyers could selected the variants from a drop down but this doesn't work in practice as the variants end up being too many to manage AND they don't link up to inventory of the single product pages. This would then mean having to continually update the single product stock level after every 3 product set was bought.

I have asked this to be considered as a feature requested but based on the lack of responses on here to these queries that I can see, I don't know if it's a priority.

They have finally suggested looked at custom CSS code for this and I'm looking into this now and will report back if I get anything that may work. Similarly if anyone on here can think of a way to create custom CSS to implement these quantity discounts, please let me know!!

I know Shopify have their app store with products that offer this functionality - it's a pretty common e-commerce offering to be honest and I was quite surprised SquareSpace didn't have a way to offer it when I went to try and add it. Oh well!

Just a quick update - the external coder I contacted about this confirms that there's no CSS workaround for the discount functionality being discussed here, despite SquareSpace suggesting this route to me.

I have been pointed to consider Shopify Buy and link products from there back to the SquareSpace site but this of course involves further monthly cost and is a workaround that is not ideal at all. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is no solution for this yet. The only workaround is the post above.

Squarespace do not monitor this forum for product feedback, so if you want to make them aware of this issue or raise it as a feature request, please open a ticket through Customer Support

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Paul2009 says "Squarespace do not monitor this forum for product feedback". If that's true then they are a completely inept company with ZERO intelligence. Puh-lease, the designers in here (like myself) who build LOTS sites for clients on their system (thus bringing them LOTS of $$$$ with MANY new subscribers every year) are not being listened to??? There is NO WHERE more important for a company to look at than directly at a community (HERE) who basically is a major backbone to their earnings. This community points out the good... and the bad of SS. There are numerous and obvious short-comings that have been complained about for years and have NEVER been addressed by SS - it is insane. Paul2009 I sincerely hope you are wrong... otherwise SS is seriously a disaster of a company for not paying attention to this forum.

Edited by BriGuy
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I just also left a ticket with customer support live chat. The more that do it, the more likely it will be to be implemented. This is such a basic feature of ecommerce for business-to-buisness models. I really hope this happens soon.

My current workaround is to create a password protected product page for each individual reseller that I work with. They contact me with a quantity order request, I update the price of the product on their reseller page, then tell them to go ahead and order. It's a terrible user experience for them and a lot of tedious work for me, but it's the only real workaround right now. I also have an on demand ordering relationship with my manufacturer, so I don't have to worry about inventory counts which makes this doable. For most, this might not be a viable option.

I originally wanted Squarespace over Shopify because it's easier to make a beautiful, highly professional looking website, but the ecommerce tools have really fallen short so far.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree, I feel really frustrated that a multibuy option is not available on Squarespace Stores. They can spend all the millions they want buying all the advertsisment spots in the whole of Camden Town station to advertise their platform but if then the platform lacks basic selling tools then is all pointless.

We need something like this for Squarespace: https://www.frooition.com/blog/2019/12/use-ebay-multi-buy-discounts-to-increase-your-sales-in-2020/#:~:text=Within the Frooition listing tool, the option to,to apply for multiple

Screenshot 2020-09-11 at 16.55.02.png

On 9/11/2020 at 5:16 PM, astik69 said:

I agree, I feel really frustrated that a multibuy option is not available on Squarespace Stores.

As a third party developer, I can add some missing features to Squarespace, but this is something that is controlled by the "backend" - the code that we cannot reach. Only Squarespace can add this feature so it's worth getting in touch with Customer Care to make a feature request. Nothing will happen quickly, but this is how they collate product feature requests. 

If it helps, I maintain a list of missing commerce features in this post: Squarespace Commerce Limitations.

Edited by paul2009
corrected URL

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm amazed that quantity threshold discounts are not a standard feature. I coaxed a vineyard into switching to Squarespace because I thought it would solve a lot of their problems, but they were not happy today when I told them this (among other things, like excluding specific products from an automatic cost threshold discount) wasn't possible. I certainly hope SS gets their mess together on this soon.

• 1 month later...

I am also NOT happy as I just switched over from Shopify where this feature is readily available through their apps. I chose Squarespace because of the aesthetics of my shop over Shopify, but for crying out loud, how is variant pricing thresholds NOT a standard feature, Squarespace?!?!?! Huge mad complaint here.

• 1 month later...

I desperately need this feature too, it's so frustrating not to be able to offer multi buy discounts, and quite weird that such a simple thing is not available?!

I have found a way around it but it's so longwinded and requires constant managing of the inventory.

Please Squarespace, come on!!

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, LaurenNFlem said:

Hello, does anyone know if [quantity discounts are] available?

The information above - dating back to 2019 - is still accurate. Bundling and quantity discounts are not available. As I mentioned above, this is something that only Squarespace can add, so it's worth getting in touch with Customer Care to make a feature request

Did this help to clarify the position? Please give feedback by clicking an icon below  ⬇️

Edited by paul2009