Sharing Template Preview

Hello!

I am redesigning a site for a client by previewing and customizing a new template on the backend of their existing site. The client is having troubles on their end seeing the preview, saying that everything is distorted. 

Is there another way the client can preview the template design?

Also, Is there a better way of redesigning an existing site without having to shut down/under construction their existing squarespace site?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I generally spin up a new free trial and build the new site there. 

There's a tool available that will let you copy content across to the new trial so that you don't have to rebuild tons of content. The same tool allows you to copy the approved new version over to the existing site to replace the current version. 

Here's a link to the tool. https://www.squarewebsites.org/squarespacewebsites-tools-extension-pro

NB. The tool does the content copying from one site to the other. The Site Styles settings can be exported from the trial site and imported into the old site. Similarly custom css and header and footer code injections need to be manually copied from one site to the other. 

If you're looking for a Squarespace Developer, drop me a line
Also, you might want to check out my Squarespace template finder

Archived