Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
mikebamboo

Exclude Product to Discount Code

Hey All,

I'm trying to find a workaround for a discount rule.

If a customer comes in and orders $45 or more they automatically get 10% OFF. (Buy 2 games get 10% OFF)

I just recently added a mug to sell, however, I don't want that mug to be included in the offer.

- Is this possible? Is there a code I could use to exclude the mug?

Edited by mikebamboo

Yes, just add the products to two different categories. Then make your discount code apply to the specific category that your products are in instead of the customers entire order. Though multiple conditions can't be used with discount codes.

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/205811178-Creating-discounts#toc-select-how-the-discount-applies

Edited by ThompsonWebDesign

If you see an answer that was helpful please consider hitting the 121238226_Screenshot2019-11-02at14_53_39.png.0416997a5e856e0159fa1edbd624659e.png button on the right. 

Need help with your website or online store? Feel free to get in touch.

thompsonweb.design

Hey Thompson!

Thanks for your reply. I separated the products into two categories. However now if someone buys 1 product they get 10% OFF.
I want it to be if they buy 2 or more, then it auto discounts 10% per X category.

Screen Shot 2019-11-10 at 11.53.30 AM.png

Yes, you are right. Unfortunately Squarespace doesn't allow for discounts with multiple conditions. This does mean that it will have to be one or the other and as this is something at the system level of Squarespace there isn't really a way around it.

The only real way around the problem would be to keep the discount code by category. Then post a notice that says if you are buying two or more games use discount code YOURDISCOUNTCODE at checkout and trust that only eligible customers will use the discount code. It's not a great solution but really the only viable one.

I would recommend also submitting a feature request with Squarespace Support for multiple conditions with discount codes.

Edited by ThompsonWebDesign

If you see an answer that was helpful please consider hitting the 121238226_Screenshot2019-11-02at14_53_39.png.0416997a5e856e0159fa1edbd624659e.png button on the right. 

Need help with your website or online store? Feel free to get in touch.

thompsonweb.design

Is it possible to do a free shipping discount code by category? Can't seem to figure that out... Trying to exclude a certain category from free shipping promos.