Remove Image block padding on mobile only

Hi,

my website is www.thecigarbible.com

On the mobile website I want to remove all left, right and top padding on the image blocks containing the text "Newsfeed" and the one with  "Cigar of the month", so that the image block has no padding top, left and right of the mobile screen.

I have tried several different options posted on the forum herea but none seem to work right. I am either left with padding at the top, some small padding either left or right or other content blocks on my website are effected. 

I am using the template: Brine.

I would really appreciate some help.

• Replies 10
  • Views 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

I'm having the same issue.

When mobile converts a column layout into a single thread, it adds padding at the top and bottom of the columns. This being an image block rather than a gallery.

In addition, whilst I'm here. I'd love to reduce the height of the image blocks when on mobile, I can't seem to find the correct code for that.

jonathan.gallagher.squarespace.com/products

pw: jonjonjon

A solution, at least for Brine. I'm not a CSS person at all, just learning as I try to improve and fix errors/glitches in my site. So feel free to suggest a more refined solution.

the padding value of 0% is if you want images flush against eachother. This will also fix the gap between your first image and the header. This will be a site wide thing for column based image blocks. (Image Layout Pages.. Masonary/Grid)

@media screen and (max-width:640px) {
/* remove absolute */
.sqs-block.image-block {
    padding: relative;
}
.sqs-block.image-block {
  padding: 0%; 
}
.sqs-layout .sqs-row .sqs-block:first-child {
    padding-top: 0px !important;
  padding-bottom: 0px !important;
  }
  .sqs-layout .sqs-row .sqs-block:last-child {
    padding-top: 0px !important;
  padding-bottom: 0px !important;
  }

refined it a bit

@media screen and (max-width:640px) {
.sqs-block-image {
padding-bottom: 1% !important;
padding-top: 1% !important;
  padding-left: 0 !important;
  padding-right: 0 !important;
}
.sqs-layout .sqs-row .sqs-block:first-child {
    padding-top: 0% !important;
  }
  .sqs-layout .sqs-row .sqs-block:last-child {
  padding-bottom: 2% !important;
  }
  }

this way images span the width, but you have control over the gaps between them, whilst keeping the top image flush to the header. The row% needs to be the value of the top/bottom image padding combined, as the gaps inside the columns are an addition of two paddings, and the gaps between the stacked columns is controlled by the row value.

Archived