Can Form submissions connect to Google Sheets in sub directories on Drive?

Is there a way to send Form information to a Google Sheet if the Sheet has been moved to a subfolder on Google Drive?  I have set up a couple FORMS to send submission information to Google Sheets on his DRive. ( all worked fine...) But he moved those ( working) Sheets into new subfolders on his Google Drive and the Form submissions are no longer connecting to the Sheets.  Do all Google Sheets capturing Squarespace Form information have to remain on the ROOT of the Drive?  Does anyone know how to redirect the FORM submissions to their assigned Sheets in a subfolder?

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 5
  • Views 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think squarespace does not support that on default, you may have to use some automation to clone the content in root folder to the new spreadsheet, like Zapier or Google Apps script

Another idea is to take advantage of Zapier submission and transfer the data on new sheet via Zapier

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

Hey @bangank36 thanks for clarification.  I'll look into Zapier but have actually started using mailchimp so may use that.  So many apps/third-party solutions (Google, Squarespace, Mailachimp, Asana a etc etc!  Sounds like Zapier may help with all this.

@stevesny I just have the email come to me as I don't get that many enquiries anyway that the moment to warrant triaging them all.  Once I start advertising and scaling up my paid media I might but for now I am just starting with my Earned and Owned network.

Joe

• 3 months later...
3 minutes ago, brownieontherun said:

Hi @stevesny

So I found a solution to this! If you create the file from the Google Sheets home screen, you can add a shortcut to the file in a chosen drive folder. You can do this by going to 'File' then choosing 'Add shortcut to Drive'. This worked for me! 

Screenshot 2021-03-23 at 16.24.07.png

That's good trick to create shortcut like that!

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

Archived