• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
andromedanita

Edit 'Additional info' section on my product page

Question

Hi,

I would like to have the "additional info" for my product on my website to be shows as a menu that when you click on it, it will expand and show the extra information. It is not possible to do so with the built-in options in Squarespace so I was wondering if anyone has any ideas for how to do this.

An example is shown here:example.thumb.png.16c73c8028c535e646887dc5c0dd49a2.png

5 answers to this question

@squarepaste sell a plugin that would achieve this, I have linked it below. 
https://www.squarepaste.com/shop/product-details-accordion/

Alternatively you could create your own accordion with the additional information section. Then write a script that would insert the accordion into the product details section of the product page. It’s definitely possible I did something similar on a website I worked on a few years ago. 

Edited by ThompsonWebDesign

If you see an answer that was helpful please consider hitting the 121238226_Screenshot2019-11-02at14_53_39.png.0416997a5e856e0159fa1edbd624659e.png button on the right. 

Need help with your website or online store? Feel free to get in touch.

thompsonweb.design

As @ThompsonWebDesign says, this can be done easily with some JavaScript. A few questions:

Is it just more text that you want to display, or something more complex?

Do you need the information to be displayed beside the link or would it be ok if clicking the link took them further down the page to the Additional Information (full page width) section? The latter doesn’t require JS. 

If a response has helped you, please give thanks using the  like-20-mag.png.3997345d620e40b4760b5d7a667cad54.png button.
Need personalised help? I'm a professional Developer who works with Designers internationally. You can book me via my company's website. www.sf.digital

On 11/7/2019 at 2:06 AM, paul2009 said:

As @ThompsonWebDesign says, this can be done easily with some JavaScript. A few questions:

Is it just more text that you want to display, or something more complex?

Do you need the information to be displayed beside the link or would it be ok if clicking the link took them further down the page to the Additional Information (full page width) section? The latter doesn’t require JS. 

Hi Paul, may I know how you could do the "latter" referring to your reply above?

"Do you need the information to be displayed beside the link or would it be ok if clicking the link took them further down the page to the Additional Information (full page width) section? The latter doesn’t require JS."

This may come useful as I'm building a website 

Thank you in advance

Jess

Hi @JessL

This article describes how to do this:

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/207135178-Creating-anchor-links

Let me know how you get on. 

If a response has helped you, please give thanks using the  like-20-mag.png.3997345d620e40b4760b5d7a667cad54.png button.
Need personalised help? I'm a professional Developer who works with Designers internationally. You can book me via my company's website. www.sf.digital