Checkout in Multiples of 12

Hi, 

I am working on a Squarespace store for a winery and need add some features to the checkout page. 
The customer's order cannot be processed unless it is a multiple of 12. 
I've been checking out forums for documentation of similar things but I haven't found much involving Squarespace pages. 
This website has a version of what I need (https://sage-hills-wine.myshopify.com/cart), however, I looked at their code and noticed that the "Order Limits" feature is integrated with Shopify, which I am not using. 

Does anyone have experience with this involving merely some custom code inserted via Code Injection, or should I be looking into alternative e-commerce software for this level of customization? 

Thank you   

• Replies 4
  • Views 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@ThompsonWebDesign
Thank you for this response! 

Just to clarify one thing: 
When you say Whilst it is possible to code a solution you cannot add or change the checkout page in Squarespace, do you mean In principle, one could code a solution, yet Squarespace does not permit you to add custom code/alter code for the checkout page?
As in, you cannot customize the checkout page anymore than the available customizations in the "Commerce" section of the configuration panel?   

Thank you 

@Crisp to clarify, you could add code that prevents a customer reaching the checkout until they have 12 items in their cart. The problem is with the next step - the checkout page. On this page there are buttons to allow the customer to remove items from their cart. You cannot add code to the checkout, so you cannot override this behaviour. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived