Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Can you auto-play and loop videos from vimeo?

I'm looking to have a video from my vimeo auto-play and loop, but without any playhead or video overlays present - so it basically appears like a gif.

I'm assuming this requires a vimeo pro account but before I upgrade I want to make sure I'll be able to display videos like this. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi @adamwentworthI thought I would share this secret with you.  I'm using Vimeo, and I have used the below iframe inside Squarespace's video block.  But instead of adding the link, you can click <>  and insert this code.  

I am using it on our new SquareKicker website for our learn page here:  https://squarekicker.com/learn

Just swap out the vimeo number for yours. You will have to adjust some settings in Vimeo's embed to remove things like play button, logo, etc.  Also see screenshot.

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/466007910?autoplay=1&loop=1&autopause=0&background=1&color=ffffff&controls=0&portrait=0" width="800" height= "500"  frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; fullscreen"  allowfullscreen></iframe>

Autoplay Video Block.png

SquareKickerHi, I'm Nick Ippolito, founder at squarekicker.com SquareKicker is a No-Code Design & Animation Extension for Squarespace. Say goodbye to copy & paste plugins and unlock your creativity and explore a whole new level of the unlimited design possibilities without ever having to write a single line of code.

• 4 months later...

@NickIppolito - your code for video loop autoplaying on iPhone is brilliant and helped me immensely, thank you! For some reason, it works perfectly on one of my sites, but the other, the video on both desktop and phone is inserted and surrounded by a space and black line - the video is not taking up the full space in the block. Not sure why this is happening. 

18 hours ago, KateDesigner said:

@NickIppolito - your code for video loop autoplaying on iPhone is brilliant and helped me immensely, thank you! For some reason, it works perfectly on one of my sites, but the other, the video on both desktop and phone is inserted and surrounded by a space and black line - the video is not taking up the full space in the block. Not sure why this is happening. 

Hi @KateDesigner could you share a link?  It could just be a CSS issue. 

Edited by NickIppolito

SquareKickerHi, I'm Nick Ippolito, founder at squarekicker.com SquareKicker is a No-Code Design & Animation Extension for Squarespace. Say goodbye to copy & paste plugins and unlock your creativity and explore a whole new level of the unlimited design possibilities without ever having to write a single line of code.