Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Can you auto-play and loop videos from vimeo?

I'm looking to have a video from my vimeo auto-play and loop, but without any playhead or video overlays present - so it basically appears like a gif.

I'm assuming this requires a vimeo pro account but before I upgrade I want to make sure I'll be able to display videos like this. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• 11 months later...
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi @adamwentworthI thought I would share this secret with you.  I'm using Vimeo, and I have used the below iframe inside Squarespace's video block.  But instead of adding the link, you can click <>  and insert this code.  

I am using it on our new SquareKicker website for our learn page here:  https://squarekicker.com/learn

Just swap out the vimeo number for yours. You will have to adjust some settings in Vimeo's embed to remove things like play button, logo, etc.  Also see screenshot.

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/466007910?autoplay=1&loop=1&autopause=0&background=1&color=ffffff&controls=0&portrait=0" width="800" height= "500"  frameborder="0" allow="autoplay; fullscreen"  allowfullscreen></iframe>

Autoplay Video Block.png

Nick Ippolito
Founder at SquareKicker

With SquareKicker say goodbye to copy & paste Squarespace plugins. Customize your Squarespace website with this full control design and animation extension. SquareKicker is a no-code solution for custom design on Squarespace websites. Unleash your creativity and design the way you always wanted. 

Until now, Squarespace websites have typically been made with either their pre-made templates or complex code. SquareKicker takes the simplicity and elegance of creating beautiful websites on Squarespace while seamlessly integrating the power for designers to build customizations without needing to write a single line of code and at a fraction of the time it takes to code.  You become the designer and the developer. There has never been a design tool that allows so much flexibility!

Get started for free at SquareKicker.com