Batch update Product Pages?

Hello,

I'm building an ecommerce site for our gallery (still unpublished)-- We have 13 product pages representing 13 artists, and each of those pages has 5 to 60 product detail pages associated with it. I'd like to bulk update the product detail pages for each artist, adding an artist bio to the page. I know I can individually update the detail pages on the "additional info" section of the product detail page. 

Since I will be putting the same info on each detail page for each artists, is there a way to mass update the "additional info" section for all product detail pages belonging to a specific artist at once?

Thank you!!!

• Replies 10
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unfortunately there is no way to bulk update the additional information section. You could possibly code a solution that would inject the information into each product page when a particular class is present. This would allow you to keep the information in the additional information section up to date without needing to edit each product individually. 

I’m not sure I follow, so let me check I understand your request.

You want to create some detailed information about each artist. You only want to create this information once. 

You then want to pull this detailed information into each product detail page according to the artist who produced the work?

A screenshot or (even better) a working url to the page often helps us. 🙂

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

That is correct! Right now most of my product details pages have no information in the "additional info" section. 

I'd like to add the information in the image below to ALL of my product detail pages (60+) for the artist Ken Rowe (all his art is on one product page). So I'd like to add a summary slider, a text box with text linked to a bio page, and a photo of the artist to the bottom of each product detail page. The information can be identical for each page, so I want to know if there is a way to do it to all product detail pages at once. 

Thanks!

Rachel

718669052_ScreenShot2019-11-04at4_51_26PM.thumb.png.36588a555cff03c6d8be9d222fa222ca.png

Sure Rachel, I've built similar solutions before. 

For example, you can create 13 profile pages, one for each artist. The first one can be called 'Ken-Rowe'.  

You put your content on the profile page exactly as you have it pictured in your screenshot. 

You add a tag or category of 'Ken Rowe' (or similar) to to each of his works ('products' in Squarespace terminology).

Then you'll need some code that will detect when a product detail page is opened. It should then read the product's tag/category (eg 'Ken-Rowe') and then insert the content from the matching profile page into the bottom of the product detail page, where the additional information would normally appear. 

I hope that makes sense. 

-Paul

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

The code is not trivial, and is unlikely to be posted on a forum. I've explained the principles behind it so that someone who is comfortable with JavaScript and JSON could build it. Generally someone would hire a developer to build something like this.

We want exactly the same thing - we are looking at 100+ products, each having one of two or three styles of Additional Info.  The only way we have done it is to create 'Template' products that are hidden and then duplicate them to add new products.  This is still a lot of work but at least the Additional Info is consistent (until we want to change it and then we have to go into all 100+ items and change them).

A batch 'entry' and 'update' would be such a time saver.

• 1 month later...

Archived