• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
ManonLarrieu

Calendar color customization

Question

Hello Everyone !

I am reaching out because I am a bit stuck on some little coding tweak. I already went through the forum but the answers I found do not really work. Here is my issue:

I have the pro version of Squarespace which allow me coding. I have a website (Brine template) with an english/french version and on both version I created a event calendar page. In order to have my logo color to pop-out and keep up with my branding / visual identity, I added a green background to that calendar page.

Desktop / Tablet version:
It's looking good as a small image is displayed on the day I m running a class/event.

Mobile version:
There is no image displayed, fair enough, however with that green color, I cannot really see the days there is an event. 

My idea is to: When there  is an event schedule I want to change the color of the square from that weird light green color to a gold color, numbers would be in white.
So on the mobile version, an event would be displayed like that The entire square would be gold & the date displayed in white. What code shall I insert ? Shall I insert it in the advance option custom css of my page?

Here are some pictures of the calendar on the desktop & mobile. 
Here is the link to my website www.qualitycupofcoffee.com 
PS: Don't mind, I have been working on it on the last few days, the videos banners seems to be loading slower than usual. I still need to have a look at it. 

Many thanks !
Manon

2019-11-03-11-25-www.qualitycupofcoffee.com.png

Screenshot_20191103-111852.png

Screenshot_20191103-111858.png

2 answers to this question

Add to Home > Design > Custom CSS

/* Mobile */
@media screen and (max-width:640px) {
td.has-event {
    background: gold !important;
}
td.has-event * {
    color: white !important;
}
}

I think gold on desktop isn't good....

Edited by tuanphan

@tuanphan Oh my ... ! Thanks a lot, it works perfectly ! I can't believe I spent hours trying to figure out/find the code.

Have a great Sunday, you rock  👊

PS: Also agree, the gold color for desktop color is not an option. I prefer the focus to be on the drawing/images ! I am gonna monitor the website performance to see if those dark colours still works on visitors /  clicking behaviours.

Manon

Screen Shot 2019-11-03 at 11.57.28.png

Edited by ManonLarrieu