Direct Customer To Cart After Adding Product

Hi All,

Currently when a customer goes to my site and adds a product it marks the product as added and indicates that the cart has (x) number of items in it. No further action is taken. This is manageable on a computer, but it's a problem on the mobile view. The cart icon isn't shown on the mobile view; you have to click the menu button to expand it. As a user it's not the most intuitive experience. 

I would like to either a) direct the customer to the cart after adding a product and provide them with "Continue Shopping" option (continue shopping currently only shows if the cart is empty), or b) provide a pop up or additional buttons that allow the customer to choose to go to the cart or continue shopping.

To this point I have been able to add a "Checkout" button to the product page, but due to the Ajax loading features - which I can't turn off using my template - the button doesn't show unless the user refreshes the page. 

Product page for reference: https://www.fantasiummedia.com/shop/fantasium-2020-calendar

Any help is appreciated and will be thanked with a major discount on any orders!

• Replies 8
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi @fantasiummedia,

So I've played around a bit and made some adjustments with the code that goes in the footer and I can get it to semi-work on the template that you are using. Just from what I can see it looks like you're using a template from the York family, is that correct?

If so I can get it to work without AJAX enabled. For whatever reason the pop-up I've created works with AJAX enabled on the Brine family of templates but not the York...

Anyway if you are using a template from the York family then you can Disable Ajax. Just go to the Design -> Site Styles and within the first block, last item you will see a checkbox for AJAX.

1970123353_Screenshot2019-11-01at21_16_31.thumb.png.a659b39cd74597affcf5c4e3821c8d4e.png

@ThompsonWebDesign This is fantastic, I happened to be looking for this today and stumbled across your post.

I was able to implement on Squarespace 7.1, but the pop-up only displays one time. If I click the exit button or Continue Shopping and add more of the same product to the cart (perhaps a different variant), the pop-up no longer displays. Is there any way to add to the code so that the pop-up appears every time Add to Cart is clicked?

I'm sure this must be a simple fix, but not particularly tech-savvy. Appreciate any insight you can provide!

Archived