[Share] Custom Code - Navigation Link Color/Hover Color/Active Color

Hi @tuanphan we ended up adding hover images for the landing page navigation (at the link below), until we are able to figure out the javascript code above. This way we achieve the hover affect. But we are having trouble formatting the code for mobile. Can you take a look for us and let us know what you recommend to do the horizontal list for mobile?

https://carillon-vibraphone-7w3k.squarespace.com/

Password: 3m!ily2021

Also, we applied the bold hover affect to the actual navigation on the profile, portfolio, and contact pages but the bold effect is REALLY bold, is there anyway to modify the font-weight of the hover on the other pages?

Screenshots, attached. Hopefully these will help. Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! 

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 11.51.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 11.52.09 AM.png

On 11/3/2021 at 11:53 PM, dovely said:

Hi @tuanphan we ended up adding hover images for the landing page navigation (at the link below), until we are able to figure out the javascript code above. This way we achieve the hover affect. But we are having trouble formatting the code for mobile. Can you take a look for us and let us know what you recommend to do the horizontal list for mobile?

https://carillon-vibraphone-7w3k.squarespace.com/

Password: 3m!ily2021

Also, we applied the bold hover affect to the actual navigation on the profile, portfolio, and contact pages but the bold effect is REALLY bold, is there anyway to modify the font-weight of the hover on the other pages?

Screenshots, attached. Hopefully these will help. Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated. Thank you! 

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 11.51.54 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-03 at 11.52.09 AM.png

Try this

.code-block a:hover {
    font-weight: 600 !important;
}

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 2 months later...

I'm using the Clove template and didn't see a code for it... I tried the Brine family code and it didn't work.

Do I just copy exactly what you have and change the colour like this (I changed the colour code under Nav item hover color):

/* Nav item color */
.Header-nav-item {
    color: #ff0000 !important;
}
/* Nav item hover color */
.Header-nav-item:hover {
    color: #87C656 !important;
}
/* Nav item active color */
.Header-nav-item--active {
    color: green !important;
}

Thank you!!

On 1/18/2022 at 8:55 AM, Zthomson said:

I'm using the Clove template and didn't see a code for it... I tried the Brine family code and it didn't work.

Do I just copy exactly what you have and change the colour like this (I changed the colour code under Nav item hover color):

/* Nav item color */
.Header-nav-item {
}
.Header-nav-item:hover {
}
.Header-nav-item--active {
}

Thank you!!

Use this new code

/* Nav item color */
.header-nav-item a {
}
.header-nav-item a:hover {
}
.header-nav-item--active a {
}

Or send to forum message

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi There! I am using SquareSpace 7.0 JasperJin template and I have been trying to figure out how to have a "primary active link" color on a mobile navigation. Right now, when the user is on mobile the menu navigation only has one color, so they don't know what page they are on (see photo attached). Is there simple css to plug in so that the "primary active link" on the mobile navigation can change color depending on which page the user is on like it is on desktop? 

IMG_38E586C12833-1.jpeg

On 1/11/2023 at 3:58 AM, RMK said:

Hi There! I am using SquareSpace 7.0 JasperJin template and I have been trying to figure out how to have a "primary active link" color on a mobile navigation. Right now, when the user is on mobile the menu navigation only has one color, so they don't know what page they are on (see photo attached). Is there simple css to plug in so that the "primary active link" on the mobile navigation can change color depending on which page the user is on like it is on desktop? 

IMG_38E586C12833-1.jpeg

Add to Design > Custom CSS

nav.mobile-secondary-nav-links .active a {
    color: #f1f;
}

Tested on: https://jasper-demo.squarespace.com/about-jasper

image.thumb.png.916b096dd5b20ddbd8823900cf317af8.png

Or send to forum message

• 6 months later...

Hello I'm using white as the active folder color on my website. However, white is also displayed as the active color on the Header Navigation. The Header Navigation is a very light grey and the white active color barely shows up and seems to disappear. I do not want to change the active color for the folder to anything other than white. Please help me figure out how to make these two colors different.

Thanks,

Hello I'm using white as the active folder color on my website. However, white is also displayed as the active color on the Header Navigation. The Header Navigation is a very light grey and the white active color barely shows up and seems to disappear. I do not want to change the active color for the folder to anything other than white. Please help me figure out how to make these two colors different.

Thanks,

On 8/10/2023 at 2:41 AM, moni25 said:

Thanks,

What is your site url? We can check easier

Or send to forum message

• 2 months later...